DBX combo question

ajcllc

The TX-3MkII is a tuner and not an amplifier, the CX-3MkII is a very nice older Pro-Logic A/V preamplifier but it accels at audio since that is what was primarily designed for. It is remote control capable and a big plus is if they have the remote control for it.

The matching amp to this set is the BX-3MkII which is a configurable amp that can be run in 2,3, or 4 channel mode. In two channel it is 400W x 2, in 4 channel it is 125W x 4, in 3 channel it is 125W X 2 and 400W X 1. The relays in these amps need to be cleaned periodically or they will experience channel dropouts. The original BX-3 was worse they corrected some of the deficiencies in the MkII model.

Either way preamp and tuner for $200 is a good deal, if it is $200 for amp and preamp it is also a good deal. They are circa 1989. If it is just the tuner and preamp TravisC (Wayne) has the king of DBX amps the BX1 for sale that would make for a stellar two-channel system. I think he was looking to get $600 for it, check the Adcom GFA-555 thread for photos and a copy of the user manual to read.

Keep in mind however that the DBX consumer group has been out of business since 1990 and there are no parts or service for any of these units anymore.

If you don't want them or have a direct use for them please let me know I would be interested in them if you would ship them to me.

• 12 years later...

The speaker switching solenoids tended to give out causing channels to drop out especially at low volumes the same issue was had with the DBX BX-2 and its brother unit the ADC B-200.  I would have them all replaced if you own one or plan on acquiring one. They increased the power rating in the MKII to 350W - 400W per channel from the BX-3's 300W but they most likely just rated it conservatively.  I have owned them all with my favorite being the BX-1 which is super rare and man is it a monster that can drive any load just about a dead short.