Things you have done, most others haven't

woodsman

Met and talked at length with Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Randy Cross and Bill Walsh at a BBQ.

Paid $60.00 each for my tickets to the Superbowl between the Niners and Dolphins at Stanford Stadium.

Lost four fingers on my right hand to a shotgun blast while Duck Hunting at age 11.

Bought a brand new pair of La Scalas at the age of 18.

While spending a week at the plant in Hope in the early 80's for some training, I had the pleasure(well, myself and three other fellas)of having lunch with PWK and Miss Valerie in their home. Listened to Miss Valerie play her Pianos and hung out with PWK while he fooled around with his model railroad in the shed in his backyard and out by the pool.

Neener Neener! [;)]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ok this is not up to scale with some of you but....

Years ago while on a company paid trip to Washington DC a friend and I went for a walk about 2 in the morning after drinking too much .

We walked for about 10 or 12 blocks and stopped to take a break and sat on some steps. Being the way we were , we also smoked a joint while just looking at all the buildings, there was nobody on the streets.

The next day we had some tours set up by the company to go on. We got on the tour bus and the first stop was just where we had sat the night before smoking. We were there to tour the FBI building!

You cant miss this building it hangs over the street in a odd way ,no way to mistake that building.

So smoking a joint on the steps of the FBI building is it.

I would imagine they have cameras outside, they probably thought if we were that stupid why bother with them.

We did take the tour and while on tour they asked for one of our group to say there name, they put it in there computer just to show what could come up with. After the night before I did not give my name. Good thing because after we came back home I found out I had a bench warrent for not showing up in court.

That's one story, if I think of any more I will post back. Memory is one of the things that fade with drugs and alcohol in the past. {mild drugs}.

• Moderators

Got to security guard back stage for The Who when they were in Philly back in??? 1989 (or something like that) Two nights in a row. Got to see each one of them drive up separatly in their limos. When they would arrive they would be no more than 5 yards from me... Very cool.

Got to meet and shake hands with Steve Martan.

Got to go back stage and meet Dream Theater on their Images And Words tour.

Got my first real french kiss when i was in the 3rd grade by a 6th grade girl. (Oh yeah!)

I'm sure there are a couple more interesting thigs that I'm forgetting... I'll add them later if I can think of them.

Snuck into Van Halen's 5150 concert. Seen them 3 times.

Still chasing that dream of 2 ( or more ) on 1. [;)]

Moon good luck on the last one, now that would be a story.[;)]

One other. Have passed 6 kidney stones now in the past 8 yrs. Most are lucky to not have a one. Somehow I turned into a stone making machine. Three were passed with no pain medication and 3 were with some stuff darn near heroin. I would prefer the medication. I do not wish one on anyone.

OK folks, let's here some stories.

Jeff

In the last 10 years I believe my father had 40 kidney stones??? He still has 10 inside as the xrays show........ He's gone to the hospital to have them ultrasounded (high pitch sound to crush the stone internally) a few times, I lost track..... Also the fact that his stones are like real stones... hard and big....... not like some who are lucky to have small and soft ones that naturally break.....

On the otherhand, I worked for a University Lab while in HighSchool as a summer program for three years and such. I know more about and have hands on experience from deadly chemicals than most. I also know how to use an SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope), Xray diffraction, etc. Also the lab I worked with was in contract with the US Army to build a semi black ops project [:P] Also this is what I worked with during the summer.... A giant toaster of sorts

I have surgically removed over 1000 kidney stones.

In College, Drank a bottle of lime flavored Maddog 20/20 in under 20 seconds. One hour later, did it again. One other time, I started drinking Beer on one saturday very early. By 10 pm I had had 35 12 ounce Bud lights. Ran out of beer...got pissed and did a shot of tequila and passed out. Won't do that again.

jc

Same here. Not only do I have a bottle of it (from TJ) in my fully-stocked bar at home, but had to down 13oz of it (a can of coke is 12oz) as the final act of my fraternity initiation.

Being the pledge president, I had to hold it in until the remaining 12 members of my class downed theirs, at which point we then recited our pledge chant, then bolted for the hotel restrooms.

Some didn't make it that far...

i've been known to drink everclear straight....

You too ?

I remember one time when I was much younger doing that . My buddy and I were broke and could not afford chaser . We chased it with a cigarette . My older brother found me passed out and covered in vomit in my dads flower bed .

Good Times ???

One other. Have passed 6 kidney stones now in the past 8 yrs. Most are lucky

to not have a one. Somehow I turned into a stone making machine.

Just a question, do you drink a lot of tea?...

I have been to the Salzburg, Austria salt

mines where the water is so laden with salt that if you have a size 12 shoe you

can literally walk on water.

I wonder how my 14s would do??? Thats pretty crazy

Anyways, for me, humm....I dunno

The most I can think of are

Built the PC I am using right now to make this post

Have delved deep within Pettyjons (a cave at Pigeon Mountain, Ga)

at least a mile or so in, lots of fun, but very muddy [H]

Have jumped (repelled technically) down a 50ft free repel at

RockTown

(also at PigeonMountain).

Have hiked Neils Gap to Woody Gap (Ga), Trey Gap to Dicks

Creek Gap (Ga), hiked from Deep Gap to Carter Gap (N. Ca) all sections of the

AT[ip] (Appalachian Trail for anyone who didnt know)

All before I turned 15[:o]

Recently saw Jefferson Airplane live in concert, man there

were some old folks there![:#]

No F-15s back in ''the day" but did fly in F-101 Voodoos several times. Got a little stick time in a T-33. Pulled a couple of poor souls from an underground JP-4 tank they were inspecting that had exploded. (The sights still haunt me)

Was hit by the paddles while awake. All I could say was "OOOCH!"

Have won about eight state championships in archery.

Built one of those Z-80s. Even sprung for twice the memory, 2K!

Caught hundreds of tuna. Won the Block Island tournament in '91 with the smallest boat there, a Blackwatch 26.

Had a shark I tagged south of Martha's Vinyard recaptured off the coast of Africa two years and over 5,000 miles later.

My first "good" speakers were Klipschorns.

Talked with Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir in the first minutes of '70.

Been married for 35 years.[;)]

Rick

Same here. Not only do I have a bottle of it (from TJ) in my fully-stocked bar at home, but had to down 13oz of it (a can of coke is 12oz) as the final act of my fraternity initiation.

Being the pledge president, I had to hold it in until the remaining 12 members of my class downed theirs, at which point we then recited our pledge chant, then bolted for the hotel restrooms.

Some didn't make it that far...

And not puke or do anything stupid?..... For some reason the high tolerance skipped a generation as my grandparents on my fathers side were quite the drinkers and smokers as they died way before I was ever even concieved due to cancer. But my father and mother both do not drink nor smoke but my brother and I are known to drink and not be drunk..... I went to the frat house of my brother one time and they wanted/tested me to see how much of the family lineage I had. Lets just say they were drunk before I was........ after 28 drinks/shots in 3 hours they called it a night..... Also I only puked once..... I had a fever and was drinking on it.... but that was another time. I walked back to the dorms, and mr cop that was always at the local area giving everyone disorderly conduct/intoxication tickets did not ticket me!

Also I love pulling the everclear situation.... I lost the inherit coughing or gasping for air taking it neat. People watch me and go hey let me try. usually one of three things happen. 1.They cry. 2. They spit it up. 3. Its like fear factor when they eat bugs........ the face and the cough gasping for air...... I dunno maybe it was the fact that when I was 16 I used to drink the reagent grade ethyl alcohol in the lab that we used for cleaning..... Hey it removes any grease from your hands and dries instantly.... Suckers at frats think everclear is so cool, meh its only 190 proof...... I like my 200 proof reagent grade [:P]. BTW reagent grade means its purity is 1 part per million another compound usually composed of something like water, air, nitrogen..... nothing that will technically kill you [;)]

Shortly after 9-11-01 I flew to New York City with some collegues to donate monies we had raised for Brothers and Sisters at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. We were taken IN to Ground Zero...truly moving experience.

Chicago and New York have shared a mutual half kidding, half serious animosity for each other...this quickly melted away during our flight to New York when New Yorkers aboard the flight cried and couldn't believe that someone from outside New York would fly all the way to New York and donate money and more to them...the World got a little smaller that day...our reception at LaGuardia...our treatment in New York by the residents, the NYPD, the FDNY and the PAPD.

I cannot ever forget what happened on 9-11 as I have seen the evil than man can do and the charity that Americans can show to our fellow Americans and others when Terror strikes...It changed me forever and I'll Never Forget.

Bill

Shortly after 9-11-01 I flew to New York City with some collegues to donate monies we had raised for Brothers and Sisters at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. We were taken IN to Ground Zero...truly moving experience.

Chicago and New York have shared a mutual half kidding, half serious animosity for each other...this quickly melted away during our flight to New York when New Yorkers aboard the flight cried and couldn't believe that someone from outside New York would fly all the way to New York and donate money and more to them...the World got a little smaller that day...our reception at LaGuardia...our treatment in New York by the residents, the NYPD, the FDNY and the PAPD.

I cannot ever forget what happened on 9-11 as I have seen the evil than man can do and the charity that Americans can show to our fellow Americans and others when Terror strikes...It changed me forever and I'll Never Forget.

Bill

Hat's Off to You Bill, for a short period of time ALL Americans where from New York....................