replacing woofers

I have a pair of Cornwalls that incorporate K-43's. It has been suggested to me to think about changing to K-33's. Is this something that a professional should do or is it easy enough for someone with pretty limited knowledge and skills to do. Are the K-33's very expensive? Are they ready available? How much lower do the K-33's go. Is it worth the expense and the effort?

tom b. 57

Those cornwalls did not come with k-43's. What condition are those k-43's in? If you elect to do the replacement, I may be intrested in the K-43's.

You can swap them out. Just be careful with the screw driver not to slip off the screws and poke a cone. Best to lie the cabs down.

K-33's are not expensive. You can sell your k-43's to recoupe some of the cost.

K-33's can be bought new from Bob Crites. You can get used ones on e-bay.

Aside from going lower, the k-33 has more balanced lower end. The k-43 is really a good match for LaScala's.

It is worth doing in your case, cornwalls, and if you have k-horns.

The K43 sounds fine in the Cornwall.

It's a bit different sound, a little on the lean side, but all low Qts drivers have this kind of sound. The bass will sound more like an Altec 416 or JBL 2205 does.

If I had a pair of K33 I'd trade you in a heartbeat.

the speakers sound fantastic, but you guys have got me curious. I f there is a definite noticable difference in the low end then I certainly am interested in swapping out. I just have to justify spending more money on them. Unfortunately I have limitations on finances. Bummer,huh?

tom

I have some non-industrials that I want to upgrade to industrials, inclusive on installing the handles and back plate. So sure, a deal is possible on my end.