Bought Bose, selling Klipschorns & La Scalas (Southern California)

J M O N

I bought some Bose speakers so now I need to sell a pair of Klipschorns and another pair of La Scalas to help offset the cost and help pay for the additional accessories I want to purchase. I'm located in Southern California, so local pickup is preferred. If you have interest, e-mail me or PM me and I can tell you more and send high resolution photos. I'll need to take some photos of the La Scalas but I do have some photos of the Khorns that I can send out. Both sets are in overall good condition, but both have some flaws that I can photograph. You are welcome to stop by for an audition.

vn2qfm.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be the infamous 901's. Maybe some day ill have a pair again, just to own them, thats if the foam surrounds are there. I do always wonder if they have a forum that keeps them busy changing the design 101 different ways LOL.

This was not to offend. although it sounded like it. (SORRY).

Jim

I bought some Bose speakers so now I need to sell a pair of Klipschorns and another pair of La Scalas to help offset the cost and help pay for the additional accessories I want to purchase. I'm located in Southern California, so local pickup is preferred. If you have interest, e-mail me or PM me and I can tell you more and send high resolution photos. I'll need to take some photos of the La Scalas but I do have some photos of the Khorns that I can send out. Both sets are in overall good condition, but both have some flaws that I can photograph. You are welcome to stop by for an audition.

vn2qfm.jpg

Hey, You got me looking at the calendar. For a second there I thought is April 1st[;)][;)]

Folks, this thread is not a joke. I really am selling the Khorns and La Scalas, mainly because of the Bose purchase. They are neither the cubes nor the 901s. I'm not even sure what model they are but it really doesn't matter to me that much. I'm pleased with the sound I'm getting and actually have plans for a mod that should improve the sound. Photo of one of the La Scalas is below.

20hv710.jpg

Folks, this thread is not a joke. I really am selling the Khorns and La Scalas, mainly because of the Bose purchase. They are neither the cubes nor the 901s. I'm not even sure what model they are but it really doesn't matter to me that much. I'm pleased with the sound I'm getting and actually have plans for a mod that should improve the sound. Photo of one of the La Scalas is below.

20hv710.jpg

go ahead, waste your money

JMON

Sounds like a hard to find set you got there, maybe vintage, maybe newer. For space saving issues these days , and what new technology has come up with, anymore an I-POD on a mount is what people are into. I'm not surprised in the least. I've seen several members downsize, and sell off their K-horns, and Cornwalls. People are having to move, due to the economy, cost of living going up, ETC. As reference to my situation, its olny a matter of time, I myself will have to make a change, I also see it coming. I owned cornwalls 3 times now that both neighbors complain when I run the Klipschorns, im thinking I should have stayed with the Cornwalls. At least id have a set to enjoy without problems.

Id like to see what model you have.

I bought a 30 Gb I-POD had it 7 days then returned it. My opinoin (YUK).

Regards Jim

Probably bought a car with a Bose system in it, and is going to mod it by adding tweeters and subs.

.......Lol.

Bose speakers have their purpose.........small spaces and something that is not seen at a glance. Beautiful K-Horns you have there, JMON

JMON

Sounds like a hard to find set you got there, maybe vintage, maybe newer. For space saving issues these days , and what new technology has come up with, anymore an I-POD on a mount is what people are into. I'm not surprised in the least. I've seen several members downsize, and sell off their K-horns, and Cornwalls. People are having to move, due to the economy, cost of living going up, ETC. As reference to my situation, its olny a matter of time, I myself will have to make a change, I also see it coming. I owned cornwalls 3 times now that both neighbors complain when I run the Klipschorns, im thinking I should have stayed with the Cornwalls. At least id have a set to enjoy without problems.

Id like to see what model you have.

I bought a 30 Gb I-POD had it 7 days then returned it. My opinoin (YUK).

Regards Jim

Funny, I'm backwards.... I had the ipod first and Klipsch multimedia sets before I got a pair of RF-83.