v.2-400 owners - are you happy with your speakers?

quang

Sound quality is excellent. Not too happy with the build quality though- had to replace one preamp because of static, the replacement preamp hisses.

Overall though I am still happy with them. Will probably stick with Klipsch when I go to 6.1

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.

Quang, I had my set since Feb. 2000, and during the last almost year and a half, I never had a complaint. I was one of the lucky who didn't get a hissing preamp or anything. Just sold them recently though.

------------------

You must learn the ways of the Promedia's, young grasshopper!

i've had mine since the fall of 2000 and still love them. the only problem is the preamp... urrg is it annoying. if you get the v.2-400 i would just go ahead and get the new preamp and save yourself the trouble of dealing with static. other than that though they are great

if you get a pair of the original pros for about $150 thats worth the money, there is the midrange hole but it only bothers u when they are put head to head with another set or u really listen for it. If you didn't read that there was one u'd probably never notice it. I disagree with the build quality statement above, the control pod is not that high quality, but my old system took a few beatings and survived without any problems. The old pros are probably the best made of the pro series, and for some reason the new ones have more problems than the old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course the sub is louder, but it doesn't play louder at the same volume,(in other words it doesn't stick out like the 4.1 sub). You only get that at full volume, and at normal volumes, the sub is tighter, and more neutral. The quality alone is a big enough reason to upgrade, the volume is also a plus.

• 3 weeks later...

i've had mine since 10/99 and still love em.i haven't unplugged them since day one and haven't had a problem with my pre-amp either.as far as the guy complaning about build qauilty these are by far the best built computer componuts i've ever bought.besides for that early pre-amp problem and acouple logos falling off here and there.Smile.gif

------------------

tornado 1000, 300w ps

epox 8kha+

xp1600+@1.64

pal6035, delta bl

512mb case2 pc2400

radeon 8500

75 gxp 45gig

sony 48x,plextor 12/10/32

sbl value

opti v95

v2-400's (looks like the pro's outlasted another system :))

My v2-400 speaker set sounded awesome but the sub died little after a year of the purchase. I sent them off and they are being repaired as we speak, at least I hope they are since their techs have not answered a lot of my emails. I must admit the speakers sound great but I question the quality of the amp. If you decide to purchase a pair try to buy an extented warrenty. Good luck with your decision.

• Moderators

Dan,

The emails I receive inquiring about the status of returns, I usually forward on to the returns department. I apologize if you have not heard back. Send me an email again, and I'll look into it further.

Thanks!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

My 400's work well after 2 years...

Except...

Volume control is very hissy and scratchy all of a sudden, like in the past month. Everything sounds fine but keep the hands off the knob!

BUT... was it worth the money?

I got the 400's when they were spankin new and they were expensive. Now the 4.1's are cheaper AND come with the cp-1 module.. that I can upgrade to for 50 bucks and I don't get the crossover, wah! I guess I would spend 15 dollars to add a headphone jack, but $50? Nowadays 100 bucks goes a long ways towards 'puter speakers... so you have to scratch the 'noggin.

Pretty funny that I used to audio out to a 30 year old Nikko amp (that's ancient stuff, if you didn't know... I ditched the 8 track tho, pity) with some old pioneer speakers that cost me 20 bucks at a garage sale and it sounded as good or better.... (of course I can't get those speakers within 10 feet of my monitor, but nuff said) ...and it doubled as a room heater!

Klipsch you listening? Sell me a cheap cp-1 dammit! My options vested this month and my HT rig needs new speakers... toss up between Klipsch and Paradigm... wonder which way the coin will fall for my $3k living room dollars...

• 4 weeks later...