Strange pair of Heresy I or II ???????

speedbump

Hello all,

I bought my first pair of Heresy speakers, and I am curious as to whether the drivers they have are normal. They are Heresy HBR (unfinished birch) with a K-77 tweeter, a K-52 Mid, and a K-22 woofer. Crossover is type E-2. This is not a configuration I have seen listed. what's up ????

Speedbump

Thanks, I was not sure how to be sure...if you know what I mean. This will only be the first of two pairs that I hope to use as a replacement for my HT system. I might buy a used set of Heresy II to compare the two systems and then go from there.

I'm also going to look into some exotic veneers (my dad can woodwork with the best of 'em) so I end up with a matched set of 4.

This board is great, and the people seem friendly enough. Now...time to get to work.

Speed

The timbre of a Heresy with a K-52 will not exactly match the timbre of an older Keresy with a K-55-V because of the difference in squawkers. And, unfortunately the mismatch is going to be in the mid frequencies which the ear is most sensitive to because it is the squawker that is different. You can get an idea of the difference by listening to the white noise generated by the level setting function on your HT receiver. I can hear the difference and that difference goes away when I use a matched set of rear speakers. However, I find the difference less obviuous when just listening to program material. Whether the mismatch is significant is up to you to decide.