Anyone heard the Tangent T-5000(s)???

• 2 years later...

WOW I just picked these up locally..THey were being adverstised as DJ Speakers.LOL.

Anyways, brought them home and connected them to my Harman Kardon 430 and holly freaking wowsers! These things are amazing, the soundstage is amazing!!..Oh my gosh, can my search for Epic CF4's be over? Are these comparable to the EPICS..Can I relax and finish my search.

• Like 1

Guest Anonymous

Yeh. I sure would love to hear that sweetheart. Two or three years back I was imagining a project, never built, that would be a Heresy in an optimal cab. Dr.Who. ran some numbers and mentioned that the Tangent 400 had precisely correct dimensions to complement the K24.

For some reason i think Bob Crites built an optimal cab with Heresy parts. Similar to what he will with the Cornwall and La Scala.

• 3 years later...

I have a pair of t5000. the 12"woofer is same as a h3 being 4ohms, ribbed and labled woofer of 5000 is k28k 4ohms compared to the h3 k28e and 4 ohms. I have reconed them both with pro klipsch replacement cones. and put bob crites ti diaframs in. they do need updated xovers but comparing to h2 they are better sounding overall and sound as good as an h3. up to the forte they are equal forte 2 very close maybe easier to place in a room. the biggest downfall with the larger tangents the black covering flakes off. Next the crossovers i would compare to heresy and sound better recapped at the 20 year mark. I have never seen or heard of anybody actually owning the 5000 so i will not sell them for the rare factor. In a lineup i put them right before the great sound of the forte 2. Great on tubes and take power same or better than heresys, h2&3. I have owned quite a few tangent and heard most. The next part i will be honest about is the cabinets. with supports they would handle more power. Im a black finish klipsch person so these have fit right in with me. The last tangents i sold were the t3000 with the 8" and k76. They were beat up but better than the similar kg 3.5.

I have tried different mods with my 5000's and they are now mint stock with new cones and ti tweeters. Stated here are my opinions of course although i have owned and heard so many collections as well as other audiophiles hearing my gear in comparison to theirs and others I know whats good and not and not biased :) not even to klipsch. bottom line is klipsch is the best :D

• Like 5

I posted this pic in response to a separate post in the garage. They are for my dad and he loves the sound compared to his RF 3's. They remind me of my Forte 1 before mod's which I must say sound great. :)

I see yours are reconed as are mine. There was a warranty period where klipsch replaced t5000 woofers with ribbed 12"s. gtact from canado on ebay originally had 3 replacements. Last i looked he was down to 1

• Like 3

I'll be...another pair of 3000's. The guy i traded mine too took mine all beat up and covered them in oak...they looked gorgeous and im an avid black finish collector. I truly wish id kept them now but then i was trade and swap crazy and also lost them. Every pair of klipsch iv sold iv regreted especially heresys considering new klipsch people apparently spend so so much money on them. Your the 4th person iv heard had the 3000's. Iv known of or seen i believe 6 or 7 pairs of 4000's not owning 4k's but have heard some...several 4k's have been on ebay...The 3000 seem rare. Seems all tangent thousands are pretty rare as are the hundreds...Im out of positives at the moment yet il get you some soon. Unlike the takers not giving around here lol :lol:

• Like 4

These look really close to the KLF line. Could it be that these were what led to building the KLF series?

That and maybe the effect of greater depth that had increased over time in the KG series like the 5.5. Could come up with something close to a KLF by combining the 5.5 with the T-5000. Just wondering since mention it.

• Like 2