Anyone heard the Tangent T-5000(s)???

These look really close to the KLF line. Could it be that these were what led to building the KLF series?

That is very a interesting thought. Timeline would lead this way. Bottom 12 is passive in the 500/5000. I will say klfs(at least 20&30)are better but with some upgrades the tangents hold their own. I eq'd mine for a while and tried a good powered 12 driven off speaker wire in 2ch format and the 5000's imo do not need a powered sub. You are onto it. The klf was directly after the tangent thousands were out of production. Seems to me you just brought to mind whats up. Interesting

• Like 5

These look really close to the KLF line. Could it be that these were what led to building the KLF series?

That and maybe the effect of greater depth that had increased over time in the KG series like the 5.5. Could come up with something close to a KLF by combining the 5.5 with the T-5000. Just wondering since mention it.

Now it comes together you 2 just nailed it. Thats neat stuff to know :D thanks for sharing thoughts. learning makes me happy :)

• Like 4

Here are a few more pics of them in dads setup.

Those pics look great. Every now and then i put my 5000's up on clist for $500 just to see if any klipsch guys are nearby. Between my 5000's and 1st pair of heesy ii i just find them to tough to sell. If somebody offered solid 5 $100 bills i might do it but would really take a couple nights to decide. I feel in good shape they will become more rare. They are also nice because you dont need a stand for them. Hurts my stomach to think about selling them. Granite i do have other klipsch smaller and bigger i wont sell regardless, possibly even thousands lol idk i hate thinking about that happening.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the spec sheet, Klipsch use two different woofers. Anyone knows why?

between which speakers

Passive and active 12's. The drone some call it among other.

If I could find another pair of T-500 I may get them again. Forward by design, IMLO

Would really like to find a pair of 5000's. Enjoy! Nicer specs than the 500 by numbers.

Turns me on actually but, Tangent by Klipsch is different yet Klipsch speaker. The T-3000 is party, surround if were a sailor.BTW, both pair of Tangent have purchased from military, while owner was stationed in Japan.

To date have not occasioned listening to their smaller speakers. The T-400, or T-4000 being front dual ported have to sound similar. Anyway, worth the listen. Small world there *beeker, thanks

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

So you are telling me the 5000 was sold overseas only?

There is the KMC(?) line of speakers that are like by some here, that have heard them. They may be military, but dicey on recall. Some info in archives or even now.

So brought that up to say, it has to be qualified as, some may have been local(?) PX, and wherever. Have not delved into it here actually as not a everyday dicussion. The KMC, I wonder about. I am not the first by far to have spoken on the line T line.

So, needs more info...

• Like 2

So you are telling me the 5000 was sold overseas only?

There is the KMC(?) line of speakers that are like by some here, that have heard them. They may be military, but dicey on recall. Some info in archives or even now.

So brought that up to say, it has to be qualified as, some may have been local(?) PX, and wherever. Have not delved into it here actually as not a everyday dicussion. The KMC, I wonder about. I am not the first by far to have spoken on the line T line.

So, needs more info...

I sent a pm detailing what else iv found. Im familiar with the px&over sea military klipsch that were also very, very popular at the time of the original release of the 1st tangent i believe to be the tangent 80...also on that 89 video it provides insight to the tangent engineer who went to jbl if im not mistaken shortly after he and paul were at arms with each other...the 5000 the way i see it was released about a year after klipsch let him go....the 500 series as well as far as i can find thus far. Tangents are a large mystery to say the least

edit:topy city wrote to fast

Edited by beeker
  • Like 4

OK, Prerich PMed me on another forum, that they were Overseas ONLY, through military Exchange.

Ymmv

Awsome. Interesting. The guy i bought my 5000's from was in the military and was selling while being recommissioned. dots are being put together with each additional line it seems to draw the identification of tangents more and more.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

otoh, I bought a USED pair of KM-4 originally sold by a civilian store to a civilian (I have original receipts)...

So, I guess anything is possible...

Maybe that store bought out NavyExchange old inventory, as they are close to a large Navy Base?

imo most of the parts were for trial...such as the k28 4 ohm driver. The weak part imo is the original crossover. Never seen a klipsch crossover fail as quick as the t5000(the cabinet as well is a bit thin and the coating is fragile). With a ti tweeter and good crossovers im using t5000's as middle floor stander surrounds...

The creator of the tangent line and PWK didnt get along so well...I forget who and why although he left and i dont remember where that guy went to....that may be the guy that went to jbl or one of them...Paul hated the tangents from what i gather