iFi Remote not working

ifidude

did you happen to take the remote beyond the range? For some odd reason when taken beyond the range the remote losses the frequency. Just press and hold play for like 10 seconds. If you switched the battery make sure that you placed it in the right + and - as if placed backwards the remote drains the battery quickly

• 2 weeks later...

I tried resyncing the remote but I am unable to get in to the sync mode. I have tried two different procedures, one that was sent in the box with the unit and the other one I downloaded from the klipsch website. I am now wondering if this is a dock issue or a remote issue?Thanks!

My just out of the box remote does not work either.

The resynch process in the manual is for addt'l remotes.

Holding the play button for 15 secs (ifi in standby, no pod in dock) did not work either.

Customer service said to return the entire unit to store--I bit of a drag! :-(

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I just got the IFI sys at Costco tonight for a slammin deal!!

That being said, the remote is dead. Hoping it's just a dead battery. I already tried both the supplied manual and the updated online instructions. No cigar. I emailed support tonight about needing the 60GB Video adapter , and todl them my battery appears to be dead.

One more thing- questioin- is your horizontal light bar on the dock yellow or green? the pix I've seen online show a green one, but mine is orange/yellowish. Not green. Did they update that detail?

Thanks.

BTW- I'm a pro musician. These speakers really shine- even fresh out of the box. I can't wait for them to break in a bit. I'm also using this with my 20" iMac. Just fabulous.

• 1 year later...

Crunchyriff,

I presume you have the Klipsch RoomGroove hooked up to the imac wirelessly? If so, is there any lag between the video and the audio streaming (as in if I were watching a dvd on the imac, would the sound match up with the video)?

Am thinking about getting the RoomGroove vs getting the Bose SoundDock. I love the lack of wires but I will take wires over sound and video not matching up.

Thanks,

Mark

• 14 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sure I'm the only one reading this topic at this late date, but just in case.....  I still use and love my IFI's, but have had the same problems talked about here.  The most recent was the dock not responding to the remote.  Since I have two, trouble-shooting is a little easier.  Short story is when you hold down the play/pause button on the remote, it suspends the dock, and you have to hold down that button again for at least 3 seconds for it to respond again.  I read about that somewhere, tried it, and it worked!