Building a LB76 - any advice?

freddyi

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

according to hornresp, I could flatten LB76's response by using one of my M151 15s.   LB76 would need 1 pi and a sub.  Still could be a fun project.

Reducing the back chamber volume to 25L would flatten response a bit further plus allow 200W into M151 without ever exceeding  5mm excursion.

What size throat opening  did PWK use on LB76?  if 3" x 13" - would that be best with a driver like M151 ?  - the patent IIRC indicated larger than 3" in the narrow dimension and look 6 inches

https://i.imgur.com/gbV4xeP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mQtF4w4.jpg

DxUBVPR.jpg

here's a comparison between a 0.83 scale Belle with 12pe32 and LB76 with M151

lDm8R6T.jpg

it appears LB could be vented when using some lower Q 15 - here's an example with a JBL M151 using 44L for the vented case and 25L for the sealed back chamber - how the vented version would sound vs sealed back chamber = ? - any guesses in home use?

JA6uf0k.jpg

Here's a comparison of a stock Belle/K33E to LB loaded with JBL M151 and vented

WMr3dI0.jpg

• 1 year later...

If you can prove that, gobs.  Since the LB-76 never went into commercial production, the price could be up there.  Please measure the throat size and post it here for posterity.  Also, please consider donating them to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History for a tax deduction and so other can enjoy them.