Picture Thread: Exotic Original Veneers/Heritage Rarities...

Chris Elm

• 8 months later...

I prefer the LaScalas when listening to music hands down! They are more detailed and fill the room with music. The RF-7's are more harsh on the highs and don't fill the room with sound quite as well even at the same actual volume (which I have to turn my Emotiva pre/pro up about 5-6 db to be just as "loud" as the LaScalas with the RF-7's).

My room is 18 by 46, so was looking for a set of Klipschorns when I found these last month. They were $650 so I couldn't pass them up. I drove to the south end of Glacier National Park and picked them out of a cabin in the woods. They were hooked to an old Harmon Kardon Citation V tube amp. When I brought them home I immediately changed out the crossovers for Bob Crites stuff to keep them working for years to come. Now I'm torn on leaving my room as is or going for the Klipschorns. I listen to the LaScalas with twin SW-115's.

Either way I will probably keep the LaScalas but get them a dedicated amp or monoblocks and pre/pro. I'm also looking at getting back into vinyl.

When watching movies I prefer the RF-7's mainly because my RC-64 doesn't voice match very well. I've been considering using two Heresy's as a center just to see if I like it.

This is an awesome thread, lots of beautiful speakers here! It reminded me of a pair of Chorus II's I owned a long time ago, here's some pictures:

I bought these from the original owner who was best friends with one of the sales guys at Bry's, a local store that sells Klipsch. Supposedly the sales guy had 2 pairs of Chorus II's of his own and when Klipsch discontinued them he convinced his friend to buy the very last pair they had in stock. I guess the sales guy had no idea these were "special" until they opened the boxes at his friends house. 

post-58550-0-49820000-1418324961_thumb.j

post-58550-0-16860000-1418324972_thumb.j

post-58550-0-97780000-1418324983_thumb.j

post-58550-0-90700000-1418324998_thumb.j

This thread is awesome. Sufficiently awesome enough that my wife is 100% on board with a Belle Klipsch total refinish with top hat upgrades. She is just as impressed with the exotic woods as we are. Only problem is that Greg is no longer doing the Klipsch restorations to the cabinets :angry: . One thing is for certain - we will be looking for such services over the next year or two. Now that we are secure to our current dwelling we want to take the Belle ladies all the way.