Picture Thread: Exotic Original Veneers/Heritage Rarities...

Chris Elm

I bought this speaker (the book matched pair) through eBay in April 2010. Since then someone has shown pictures (of the pair of K-horns in front of a rental storage unit with orange roll up doors) copied from that original eBay ad to run some bogus ads, saying to email the seller for Buy It Now payment information. I reported it to eBay and had the ad deleted, hopefully before anyone gave out their credit card info.

58c618924bc80_168-Copy.JPG.a62bf1143d6e7689a4be685bbf9a79dd.JPG

If I were ever to sell these Klipschorns, I would post on the Klipsch forum Garage Sale, not on eBay, so if anyone spots that bogus ad again, please report it to eBay. Thanks

Edited by Khornukopia
I sold these through the Klipsch Forum Garage Sale in 2021.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2006 at 8:23 PM, Chris Elm said:

One more from the front...

post-12107-13819304972538_thumb.jpg

WOW!! Realize this was posted over a decade ago but this Rambling Rose is just .... art. Like petrified wood or a colorful agate. I'd pay the upcharge seen in a 70th edition or ltd edition for this veneer, then adjust my home around it! Lucky dog you are Budman. Searched for that veneer and found these from somewhere here. Vivid, remarkable, exotic, wow. Rorschach accredited!

Rambling KHorns.jpg

Rambling KHorns.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, JohnJ said:

WOW!! Realize this was posted over a decade ago but this Rambling Rose is just .... art. Like petrified wood or a colorful agate. I'd pay the upcharge seen in a 70th edition or ltd edition for this veneer, then adjust my home around it! Lucky dog you are Budman. Searched for that veneer and found these from somewhere here. Vivid, remarkable, exotic, wow. Rorschach accredited!

Rambling KHorns.jpg

Rambling KHorns.jpg

I purchased those actually.  Around 3 years ago, so probably around the time of your post.  The owner had the damage repaired with an unseen piece of veneer from the tophat.  6 hour round trip.  

khorn shrink.jpg

• Like 4

👍 Well, Well Look at you relaxing in front of that "Make me Green in the Face" Paul W. Klipsch certifiable audibly and visionally artwork you BIG DOG!!

Love the masonry on your fireplace also, I'd forgotten I posted that just about when I joined in here.

clapping.gif

*Hey spin some of those for us at the Vinyl thread, I'm not back yet but will be eventually when I get m new to me place.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, JohnJ said:

Rambling KHorns.jpg

Those would make me dizzy if I had to look while listening. Sometimes too much is too much!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Those would make me dizzy if I had to look while listening. Sometimes too much is too much!

Might do that to me too, But not your stunning Edgars that I've seen about elsewhere on here!

Those are great Claude and the housings you are making ... totally art-deco-cool!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Might do that to me too, But not your stunning Edgars that I've seen about elsewhere on here!

Those are great Claude and the housings you are making ... totally art-deco-cool!!

Just listened to them today after my friend re-designed the all too simple Edgar crossovers. They sound incredible, even with Spud Subs. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The newly opened Klipsch Museum of Audio History Visitors Center in Hope has a beautiful pair of Brazilian Rosewood Klipschorn.  I think they late '80s or early '90s based on the badge remaining on the one speaker.  They are hooked up for listening.

PXL_20220311_010827350_resized.jpg

PXL_20220311_010858154_resized.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

so, a little while back I was able to grab a pair of '81 KB MEL that to me are just absolutely stunning.

I think I've posted a few pix in other threads, but finally shot a few more photos & trying to add to this thread so others can enjoy. I tried to follow the destructions to use Post Image but it's just not working for me.

so I'll try to post what I can here.

in fact, since they aren't perfect, maybe someone can offer suggestions on cleaning these up a bit.

if you look across the base of one, there are some rub marks there. and there is another one smack in the middle of the bass bin. that one is hard to get in a photo, but maybe it comes thru.

any suggestions if there is a way to rub these out & clean things up a bit without ruining these beauties?

thanks.

label-17w795-A.jpg

KB-MEL pair-A.jpg

KB-left1.jpg

KB-right1.jpg

base-rub-marks-A.jpg

rub-mark-A.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, -js- said:

any suggestions if there is a way to rub these out & clean things up a bit without ruining these beauties?

Try Tibet Almond Stick.  It was recommended to me years ago by the person delivering our solid wood Pennsylvania House furniture.  Pretty much no risk, low cost, and can really minimize the appearance of scratches, etc.  It won't help if the rub marks are something on top of the finish, but I really like the stuff.  Since it's a furniture oil stick (no distillates, just natural oils) you may have to reapply like once a year or so.  Worth a shot.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006ZN9OS/

• Like 1