h/k avr-325 lost a channel in DSP pre-amp section

psg

Had houseguests yesterday and offerred a sound demo only to find that the FR channel is dead on my 2.5 year-old h/k avr-325 receiver. :-(

I tried CD, DVD and setup tones. Dead on each source. I tried an amp on the pre-outs and that is dead too (so problem is in pre-amp section, not the amp section).

I tried using the 6/8 channel direct input, and that works!. That input bypasses all digital/analog processing, so I guess that's where the bug is. Trying a system reset but that didn't help.

I guess I'll have to find a place that has the service manual for this thing. And I'll be without a system for a while... Bummer.

Has anyone ever heard of such a problem on h/k receivers? If so, is it an expensive repair or an easy fix? It's out of warranty so I wonder what I'm up against. I have enough amps that I could buy an Outlaw pre/pro for $700 instead of shopping for a new receiver, if it comes to that...