Looking for a center and rear speaker match for quartet fronts.

sstang

Just bought a very clean set of quartets and need some rcomendations for center and rears to match. I have a Denon AVR2807 as a source. I have read of the difficulty in finding an Academy. I am willing to pay a good price for one but not over the top just to say that I got one. As far as the rears go I need some good ideas. My room is only about 20x16.

I love my setup, Quartets as mains, Academy center, Fort'e 1s as rears and KG1s for backs. I had the Fort'es up front but switched as the sound of the Quartets with the Academy was a little better, also, the Quartets are a little shorter, thus leaving more room for the screen. Though I may take the risers off the Fort'es and move them back to the front as they are black as is the center and the Quartets and KG1s are oiled oak. I had Heresy2s as rears and they did a very good job but I just got a good deal on the Quartets so I changed.

I do have a pair of black Academy's available but the catch is I would like to sell them both at the same time. It can be as a pair or one each to someone, I do not want to be stuck with a single that I cannot use. I am using them as main speakers in an alternate system of mine. I would also take a pair of Heresy's as partial trade for them.

I am looking to sell them for exactly what I paid Coytee for them which was $400 apiece, they are completely stock and in perfect working order.

If I can't get them sold I'll find another and run three across the front! They sound fabulous as mains by the way.

I'll take them both off your hands for $800. I would like some idea of payment methods taht would protect both of us such as PayPal or escrow. I don't purchase much over the net. I'm not questioning anyones honesty but just being careful. Also would need assurance of packing to prevent damage and complications. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks

I pack extremely well but there is always that remote chance, see my eBay feedback please for "Frzninvt" or AudioGon "Frzninvt". I will insure them for like $500 apiece.

When I got them from Coytee I wiped them down, touched up a few areas that the finish was worn on or a few scrathes none of which are deep, there are no dings or chips at all. I shampooed the grills clean with Bissell's Fast Drying Foam Upholstery cleaner as well.

The Black factory finish is actually oak veneer with black paint on it, hence it will wear in spots over time.

I would take PayPal if you would split the 3% fees with me. I have to factor shipping yet as well.