Klipschorn Jubilee (Babies First Sounds)

mikebse2a3

FWIW, John Post left his teaching position at the University of Texas to run the Post Familie winery near Altus, Arkansas. He is one of those individuals who doesn't need to tell you how smart they are---you know it from the first handshake.

I met him a couple of years ago and got a tour of the winery which had just finished bottling wine for about seventy labels including their Post Familie varieties. Altus is a near perfect grape growing area and several wineries are situated there.

http://www.postfamilie.com

John gave me a copy of his paper which is in storage. I'll try to get a .pdf copy for those forum members who are interested.

BTW, John was a good friend of Paul and Valerie and has some interesting memorabelia from Paul's eclectic collection of stuff. My favorite is the "Turkish turd tumbler." It is a mechanical device PWK built which converts rotary motion to linear motion. One rotates a handle which is connected to two orthoganal slides which moves back and forth narrowly missing each other.

Lee

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to meet ROY someday, and shake his hand...........Just Because........

Me too...

Bill

Yeah, you have to get to Hope!

I had the pleasure of sitting across from Roy at lunch during the 2005

Hope trip. It was a conversation I'll never forget. Roy is so highly

technical, but was very patient with fielding questions and explaining

'the bubble' in terms that we could understand. I don't recall the

exact PWK stories he told, but there was always a twinkle in his eye

when he spoke of Mr. Klipsch.

Michael

Daddy, never been to Hope...........many members I'd like to meet............Someday, maybe............The question is, Do they want to meet me?.........

oh, OK. I thought you'd been at the Hope gathering. I knew we hadn't met, but there were a number of folks there I didn't get to meet.

If you ever have the chance to get in this neighborhood, let me know. I've got an extra bedroom and would be glad to have the company and show you around a little bit of Arkansas.

Daddy, never been to Hope...........many members I'd like to meet............Someday, maybe............The question is, Do they want to meet me?.........

oh, OK. I thought you'd been at the Hope gathering. I knew we hadn't met, but there were a number of folks there I didn't get to meet.

If you ever have the chance to get in this neighborhood, let me know. I've got an extra bedroom and would be glad to have the company and show you around a little bit of Arkansas.

Thank you very much, I'd be Honored........and the same hold's true on this end, if you're ever in the North Country of New York my door is always open, A bed, a shower, a Hot meal, are always available, you might have to watch a DVD, or listen a CD, but I bet you struggle through. Hey Daddy Dee, you never know.....................Thank You, Sir.....