Klipschorn Jubilee (Babies First Sounds)

mikebse2a3

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the deer could shoot back, I assume you wouldn't like it then.

Not that I have anything against hunting, but that's my point: Your accent on liking to KILL is quite a bit different than merely liking to HUNT. I grew up raising cows and when the time came to kill them, I didn't particularly like doing it. But that's killing. Not the same as hunting where you work at something and EARN it, and the animal at least has SOME CHANCE.

So which is it, you like to HUNT or just like to KILL?

I find your signoff a bit disturbing.

DM

Hey! Before anybody says anything, Yes I could have just drilled a couple of holes and mounted the Terminal Block but these are NEW! and I just couldn't bring myself to drill holes that weren't there from the factory!!!![;)]

Also I still don't have the crossover yet so I had to play with them some how!!![:D]

post-14473-13819307545106_thumb.jpg

Mike, why don't you take your khorn crossover out and hook things up? I

bet you could do some simple modifications to close the gap in the

middle. Perhaps run the bass bin wide open and hook the tweeter up to

the tweeter outputs of the crossover. Heck, worst case scenario pull

the K400 outta the khorn and use it to fill in the gap.

Mike I guess you didn't see the thread where I sold the (1979)Khorns. I had really wanted to keep them (16 years and in three houses/rooms[:(]) but something (several things actually) had to go but thats how impressed I am with the Jubilee and the advances it offers.

I actually thought about buying a cheap electronic crossover and using the Behringer DEQ24/96 to tune the system but it just didn't make since because I want have any use for it after the EV arrives which I hope will be soon.

mike tn[:)]

Well then...just go to radioshack and buy a cap to put on the tweeter to keep from blowing stuff up. 20uF should be a good place to start. That'd be what, $5 including the gas to get to the store? Maybe purchase a few 5uF caps and experiment with different crossover points. I don't know enough about the efficiency and required EQ for the speaker, but anything is going to be better than no sound. I'd be going nuts if I were you guys.

Can't you use the DEQX as a pseudo crossover? It's got 4-channels doesn't it?

Not that I have anything against hunting, but that's my point: Your accent on liking to KILL is quite a bit different than merely liking to HUNT. I grew up raising cows and when the time came to kill them, I didn't particularly like doing it. But that's killing. Not the same as hunting where you work at something and EARN it, and the animal at least has SOME CHANCE.

DM

Strange for me to comment about such a thing, very OT, but it struck a nerve. I was raised in AR. and hunted. After so long, it became too easy to KILL a deer. No challenge, and hell, I don't even like the taste of wild game! Could be that I am older and closer to seeing my own demise. Still like firearms and target shooting, but other than that,.........I will only shoot at something THAT CAN SHOOT BACK. Seems more fair.

Regards,

Terry

Well then...just go to radioshack and buy a cap to put on the tweeter to keep from blowing stuff up. 20uF should be a good place to start. That'd be what, $5 including the gas to get to the store? Maybe purchase a few 5uF caps and experiment with different crossover points. I don't know enough about the efficiency and required EQ for the speaker, but anything is going to be better than no sound. I'd be going nuts if I were you guys.

The Behringer DEQ2496 doesn't have any crossover functions but I had thought about using it for Delay and EQ functions if I had went passive.

Really I've got plenty to be working on so I'll just patiently wait a little longer.

• Moderators

When you two guys get these set up with the xovers it's going to be....... UNBELIVEABLE ![8]

From everything I recall reading about Khorns they are tough on poor recordings, how will these stand in that area ?

Just guessing it would hard to mask anything through that giant horn ? Or does that have more to do with the xover or efficiency ?

Don't know just asking ?

For the record I think they look great, get excited just looking at them.[:)]

Any high efficiency speaker is going to be very revealing of recordings. It lets us hear every nook and crany of the recording for better or worse. I can't remember the Bjork recording exactly but when I first heard it on my Belles you could hear her chair make little noises but also you could hear her breathing as well.

I actually thought about

buying a cheap electronic crossover and using the Behringer DEQ24/96 to

tune the system but it just didn't make since because I want have any

use for it after the EV arrives which I hope will be soon.

Those Behringers have a distinctly digital

sound and the analog portion is pretty harsh sounding... I would wait

for a better unit.

I've noticed several posts talking about these "EVs"... what EV model will you be using. I seem to have missed that part.

Pseudo nothing... the DEQX PDC is a 2 in 6 out device designed to be a

stereo crossover for bi or tri amping along with it's quite powerful equalizer. You don't have to use the crossover

feature, but I think they are among the best crossovers currently

available. I am actually less pleased with them with regards to their

"correction" capabilities when used with large horn based systems.

Widget

DM

Strange for me to comment about such a thing, very OT, but it struck a nerve. I was raised in AR. and hunted. After so long, it became too easy to KILL a deer. No challenge, and hell, I don't even like the taste of wild game! Could be that I am older and closer to seeing my own demise. Still like firearms and target shooting, but other than that,.........I will only shoot at something THAT CAN SHOOT BACK. Seems more fair.

Regards,

Terry

hmm seems I have missed the scuttlebut about my signature.

I dont hunt. I dont kill deer. I've never killed anything bigger than a mosquito.

it is a line from the Howard Stern show. Much like my avatars recently, my sense of humor draws from this Sirius satallite radio show. Howard Stern is some of the funniest, most original programing available.

you two need to lighten up a bit.

If I may speak for them, the EV is what Roy uses in his own home. They were hoping to simplify the process by just copying all of Roy's settings. There's something like 5 long Jubilee threads where they go into detail about everything [;)]

If I may speak for them, the EV is what Roy uses in

his own home. They were hoping to simplify the process by just copying

all of Roy's settings. There's something like 5 long Jubilee threads

where they go into detail about everything [;)]

Hey thanks!

That sounds like a good recommendation. I wonder what else Roy may have

tried. Having spent about a year tweaking my system's settings, I can

imagine that following someone's tried and true solution is probably a

really good

idea.

"5 long Jubilee threads..." I have been weeding through some of them.

Coming late to the party it is a bit of a PITA to sort through... and

kinda fun too. Could you point me to the Jubilee "White Paper"

Thanks,

Widget

Could you point me to the Jubilee "White Paper"

Thanks,

Widget

Some idiot took an eraser to it...[:$]

Ok, so I'm just being obtuse. [;)] I've got no clue on any white papers so others will have to fill that in. Regarding our purchase, the logic of it and all... The Good Dr. hit it on the head. Not only simplify the process (by getting the EV) but hey... they use it at the factory too and we know it's been tested in the chamber!

I'll tell you the biggest reason I did it... I figured if I needed any help programming the darn thing, Roy would be able to EASILY explain it to me since it would match his instead of trying to figure out what screen on a different product, matches up with EV's (as well as the rest of the programming functions)

That was as big of reason as any.