Pinging Michael Colter

capo72

Hey Michael! I was wondering if you still have that Sony turntable we discussed a while back. I'm coming through Indy Thursday late morning, if you still have it maybe I could pick it up. I'm coming across 465 north and over to 70 on my way to Columbus. You're on the NW side of town, right? Let me know, maybe we can hook up. I'd love to see the "House o'Klipsch"

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, on your way back to Northern IL feel free to swing by Champaign for a pitstop. It's a straight shot west from Indy on 74 and then you can take 57N and avoid all the crazy traffic on 94 through Chicago. Not sure if it's on your way or not, but thought I'd let you know the offer is open.

Jeremy, I have the Sony turntable cleaned up and she's playing right now. Sounds great. The dustcover and hinges are intact and everything.

I think your Father in law will enjoy this. You'll be on the good guy list for a while!

I sent you a PM with the directions and phone numbers to my place. Please call ahead to let me know when you'll be here.

Michael

Just met Jeremy and his Dad. Nice guys. Jeremy shared his setups with me, a 76 Cornwall set upstairs that he inheirited from an Aunt (?), and a full RF7/RC7 and Dayton Titanic in his enormous basment HT. Sounds like his CW grills are the brown/green tweed, I'd like to see a closeup photo of those!

They were in a bit of hurry to get to car show in Columbus and it'd been pouring rain all the way from Chicago so they were behind schedule. Wish they'd had more time for listening, but I understand.

I played both my Thorens 125 and the Sony I was giving him for his Father-in-Law's rock and roll LP collection. He heard both he problems I was having with my 125 and he himself has the highly lauded 124. I'm sure I'll get the problems ironed out.

We listened to some Yes and Jazz through the LS with the THX on and off. At first I had the THX full on and he looked astounded 'I thought everybody said these were bass-shy' he said! But they're pretty solid even without the subs if the material isnt' too challenging.

Then we went into the gallery for a listen to the Khorns. He'd never heard them before. I gave the HK430 a brief warm up, then slid on the opening track of DSOTM. A good test track as everyone is familiar with it. He just sat in the sweet seat and grinned. Nothing like a whopping 20 wpc reciever and the mightest of the mighty, eh?

You're welcome back any time. The Sony was a 'play it forward' gift, just because so many of the guys have helped me out. Hope it works well for him and he enjoys it.

Michael