OLD THREAD: New Cornwall III's(pics) are in the house...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

We got in from our trip to Hope about five minutes ago. The new Cornwall III's are in the house!!!!

One good thing...with nine people living in the house, dtel had plenty of help getting them in. Dtel is "wiring em up" now. We can hardly wait to hear them.

I will sit down after listening to the speakers and give you all the details. As promised, Ms. Donna and the good folks at the plant "did something appropriate for our new Corwall III's".

• Moderators

Cornwall's rock... I can't get the remote out of dtel's hand long enough for him to post.

Klipsch photographed the Cornwall III's all the way through packing. Each person's name is shown on the first picture they took of that person. In other words, there are a couple of pics of each phase of the build. From the millwork to the packing.

Additionally we were given a certificate signed by each employee that worked on the build.

I will be posting a couple of pics, but I really want to get with Amy and see if she can help me out with the bulk of the pics.

Will post a little more later.

Talk about a most special pair of speakers...... Show up for the party, pull a rabbitt out of the hat and, voila! Dtel wins! Or is it Dtel's wife? Who's name was on that ticket?

I think we all win.

Not to mention the step by step sigs. All paperwork should be kept in the hermetically sealed vault that Dtel's Kubota paperwork is kept in.

It's soooooo cool that Klipsch does these things for us somewhat normal folk. What a great company! What good people!

I'm not jealous. I have a pair or Cornwalls. They are my favorite speakers.

Yours are better, I'm sure. Barely.

It['s good to be lucky, Dtel's wife. Right place, right time.

Maybe I AM a tad jealous.......

• Moderators

Talk about a most special pair of speakers...... Show up for the party, pull a rabbitt out of the hat and, voila! Dtel wins! Or is it Dtel's wife? Who's name was on that ticket?

I think we all win.

Not to mention the step by step sigs. All paperwork should be kept in the hermetically sealed vault that Dtel's Kubota paperwork is kept in.

It's soooooo cool that Klipsch does these things for us somewhat normal folk. What a great company! What good people!

I'm not jealous. I have a pair or Cornwalls. They are my favorite speakers.

Yours are better, I'm sure. Barely.

It['s good to be lucky, Dtel's wife. Right place, right time.

Maybe I AM a tad jealous.......

Dtel's name was on the ticket, but I am claiming ownership.

I am continuously amazed at the generosity of this company. Just attending the Pilgrimage in Hope was a special event for us. We were supposed to go to Hope last September with the small group that made the trip, but Katrina had other plans for us. The forum members we met while in Hope were all super people. (Not sure about the normal part) I don't think any of us are truly "normal" [;)]

Yes we all win with a company like Klipsch. I can not say enough about the employees of this company. The outdoor temperature in Hope reached 102 degrees this past week. Working in the factory is a challenge when the temps are that high. The factory employees are some of the nicest people I have ever had the priviledge of meeting.

Speaking of the paperwork, you guys would love the envelopes they put the paperwork in. 8 1/2 x 11 black with the Klipsch logo embossed on the front right corner. Way cool stuff.

I am in love with these speakers. They are so clear, even at very low levels. They are probably the best all around choice for the type of music we usually listen to.

The CD with the pics from the factory has forty two pictures on it. That is why I would really like to get with Amy on the majority of the pics.

These pics are something everyone needs to see. The quality of the work is so impressive. We are talking real "hands on" people. Ms. Judy, the lady that does the sanding (28 years with Klipsch, I think) runs her hands over every pair of speakers.

I got tears in my eyes when I looked at the pics from the plant. These people are in the middle of nowhere building speakers by hand. This practice is almost obsolete. There are very few things built anymore like the Heritage line of speakers. I will try to put up a few pics tomorrow.