OLD THREAD: New Cornwall III's(pics) are in the house...

dtel's wife

"Dtel's name was on the ticket, but I am claiming ownership."

Hehehehehehe......[:D] They must be reeeeeeealllly GOOD[:)]

"I got tears in my eyes when I looked at the pics from the plant. These people are in the middle of nowhere building speakers by hand. This practice is almost obsolete. There are very few things built anymore like the Heritage line of speakers."

Isn't THAT the truth! It's rare and special to see this still occurring. Par for the course, though, when we are talking about a place called Hope.

I will sit down after listening to the speakers and give you all the details. As promised, Ms. Donna and the good folks at the plant "did something appropriate for our new Corwall III's".

That is awesome! I bet those things are just phenomenal. I sure was impressed with them when I heard them at the Pilgrimage, to the point that I really wanted a pair myself.

I am glad that my suggestion of getttng them signed by everyone was taken to heart. I am now looking forward to seeing these pictures. I guess the best way to do this would be to get Amy or Trey to setup a section in the photo gallery with all the pictures. (I'd assume that there is a copy of the pictures somewhere within the Klipsch organization itself).

Still would like to see a couple pics of those new cornwalls in there new home, though (something about seeing speakers actually setup for listening just makes them that more "personable", in that it shows they are indeed the pieces of fine furniture that they should be).

• Moderators

mmm....creamy - dreamy Cornwall III's...like floating in the music on a carpet of warmth... Congratulations!!! I'm listening to mine right now and love the way I can feel the bottom-end thru the floorboards even at low listening-levels...

I thought it was just a "high" from listening to the new Cornwalls, I could feel the low end in my feet while they were propped up on the coffee table.

I'm glad you posted that, I don't want everyone to think I am just bragging. Oh well, let them think what they want, I am very proud to have these in my home.

• Moderators

Couldn't have happened to a nicer pair of folks.

Say... if ya ever want to speakerswap, just let my wife know.

[:)]

Coytee,

Are you sure your wife would allow the Cornwall's in her living room?[;)] She might not like the "swapping" idea.

I was thinking you could put your Jubilees in my living room anytime. I will even let you listen to both of them at the same time.[;)] And... I won't tell anyone about the ink pen fetish you have.

download picasa from google. it's great. copy all the pic

files from CD to a folder on your hard drive where you can find

it. bring up picasa and let it search your

machine. it will find every pic on your drive aqnd display them

in groups. find the group that has the Klipsch pics, highlight

them all and go to File/export menu. when you export them

it will give you a choice of size, choose 800 x 600. it will dump

them, resized, in a subfolderof the one they were in

originally. the originals remain untouched. if any

need to be rotated, do that before the export. just right click

on individual pics and chose the rotate you need.

the distortion is fine, all you have to do it click the picture to get it in a new window for the regular size to happen.

If you want to though you can resize them to 7 inches wide. Or if you do not have the program to resize, send them to me at Pa0069@yahoo.com and I can resize them. To speed up the transfer though you might want to resave them in microsoft paint and save them as jpeg to reduce the picture size if the pictures are over 1 meg. Also if you zip them it will be easier.

Here are some dilettante comments for what they're worth: right-clicking on the pic and clicking on "properties" brings up a pixel size of 770 X 550. The 770 is almost certainly the width, and while it's close, the right side of the pic runs off the right side on my monitor. This sets up a horizontal scroll bar across the bottom of your post -- while it's no big deal when it's that close, you can't see the whole thing at once and it's a pain to scroll it right and then left to see all of it. Plus, horizontal oversize also runs part of the text off the side if you have that much text.

It looks like 600 or 650 pixels width would give you a nice max pic without running off the side. However, you want to have "constrain proportions" in effect as you resize, so that your dialog box shows how any change in one dimension is instantly reflected in both horiz and vertical. Otherwise, you'll slenderize (or fatten) everyone!

Larry

"Cornwall's rock"

I told ya so! [H]

I usually just make the long dimension 6 inches and turn the resolution to 72dpi, this will make a smaller file that will upload quicker. Yes and have the 'lock dimensions' or 'constrain proportions' on, that will keep the images from distorting. REMEMBER TO SAVEAS or work on a backup copy of the images.

Ready set- GO

M

• Moderators

I have forty two pics from the factory build of the Cornwall III's and several of them set up in our home. I could narrow the factory build pics down to 10 or 12 pics probably, plus four or five from our home. That is still fourteen to seventeen pics.

Even with proper resizing, I don't want everyone to get "antsy" waiting for the pics to come up on the forum. I know a lot of folks do not have high speed Internet.

What do you guys think I should do? Is there some photo sharing space on another site I can use and put a link on a post in the forum.

Maybe I should just send a copy of all the pics to someone more knowledgeable about posting pics.

The factory build is really something to see. The amount of hands on work that goes into the Heritage line is awesome.

Hey, for those of you that attended the Pilgrimage, the Cornwall III's went through the new paint booth!

Dtels', congratulations!

Your story brings back fond memories for me from the day I brought my 1980 CW's home for the first time. It is a day I will never forget, and neither will you.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy the music.

Man, I had to laugh when I read your post. Brought back old times. I had never listened to a Cornwall, but in '73 ordered a pair. I will never forget the look on Lynn's face (mine too) when they unloaded those monster size boxes! If looks could kill! I hooked them up to the old Dyna ST120-PAT4, and AR TT.

She wept. (in a good way)

Terry