OLD THREAD: New Cornwall III's(pics) are in the house...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I am not sure how this will turn out. I think the document is worth giving it a try. Hey, Skonopa check this out and thanks for the suggestion of getting everyone who worked on the build to sign the backs. The Cornwall III backs are painted black, so this was done by the folks at the factory. Here goes:

post-20052-13819307571266_thumb.jpg

I tried 3 or 4 times to shrink the width of that certificate pic to 650 pixels, and it wouldn't stay!! It kept coming back at 713 pixels or 810 pixels wide. There seems to be something about that pic that defies my working on it. Someone's comment above, that you can simply click on the pic and see it just fine, is good enough for me at this point.

• Moderators

Notice the border on the certificate, it has horns all around the edge. The names on the certificate correspond with the pics on the CD. This is like the coolest thing anyone can have.

Knowing the history of Klipsch, the durability and reliability the Heritage line, combined with this documentation makes me realize how short life really is. It is entirely possible that the Cornwall III's, the two pair of Forte II's, and the pair of Forte's will one day be passed on to our children.

Speaking of which, I have to say I am still extremely fond of the Forte II's. For those of you who have not ever listened to a pair of Forte II's you might really be surprised.

Ms. Donna with Klipsch/Hope Plant told us she had a pair of Forte II's that she had not "even hooked up" in the past five years. I think she said she had them in a closet. I told her she might not want to give dtel any ideas because he might try to buy them from her. Ms. Donna said she had a pair of Fortes and sold them to buy the Forte II's. She said although she loves the Forte II's she wished she wouldn't have sold the Fortes. I couldn't believe she didn't have the speakers hooked up!

She also said her daughter bought a pair of the Cornwall III's and they helped her set them up. Ms. Donna said, "the Cornwall's were awesome. I was shocked."

I am not sure how this will turn out. I think the document is worth giving it a try. Hey, Skonopa check this out and thanks for the suggestion of getting everyone who worked on the build to sign the backs. The Cornwall III backs are painted black, so this was done by the folks at the factory. Here goes:

That is awesome! These are truly a unique pair of Cornwall III, of which there will most likely never be another pair like it. Even if they did give away another pair next year and did the same thing, most likely, it'll be different people and perhaps even a different finish.

As for the pictures and how to share them. I guess the most likely way would be to use the photo gallery that is right here in this forum (click on the "photo" tab just below the brown area that says "Klipsch Forums"). Of course, you could always use a site such as PhotoBucket, which I personally use. Obviously you could always just attach them to posts right here in the forum, but I don't recommend that for more than just a small number of pictures (I try to limit myself to five in a particular thread). It is tedious, plus there is the issue of bandwidth.

As for resizing, some good suggestions have been made. I just personally use the Image Resizer power toy that Microsoft provides at this site. After installing this nifty little tool, when you right click on an image, there will be an option on the little pop-up menu to "resize pictures". Upon clicking on that option, a dialog will appear giving you the option to resize "small (640x480)", "medium (800x600)", "large (1024x768)", or "handheld (240x320)". If you click on the "advanced" button, it give you a few more options, including a "custom" size where you can specify your own size. I just typically do "medium". It then creates a resized copy of your image and appends the size, i.e. "medium" to the name. Seems to work quite nicely, plus you can select multiple pictures and resize them all at once.

But anway, enjoy those Cornwalls. I am willing to bet these will truly be a family heirloom.

• Moderators

Actually Dr Who I think we have at least two members with Cornwall III's. Or one member who has already received thier Cornwall III's and one member who is waiting for thier Cornwall III's to arrive.

BTW, I posted a little story under General Questions, 333.

Thanks for the congrats.

I am trying to work with CycloneCJ, he has offered to put them up on his website as he has plenty of extra storage, then we can post two links, one for high speed and one for dial up users of the forum.

If it doesn't work I'll let you know and thanks for the offer.

You guys are going to love the pics from the plant. Once again, Klipsch went out of thier way to satisfy our request for signatures. Not only did they fulfill our request, they went above and beyond by photographing the entire build, putting names with faces on the pics and providing us with a disc to share the pics with everyone. Ms. Donna did tell me in one of the earlier emails that she "was personally seeing the speakers down the line". Once you see the pics it is obvious that she did just that.

I have to say, we now have eight Klipsch speakers in our living room, (plus the sub woofer) thank goodness we completed the addition before our addiction to Klipsch began. Like my kids would say, "It's all good".

• Moderators

Jay, if everything works out CycloneCJ and I will have all the pics posted tomorrow with a link from the forum to the pics. Ms. Barbara's pic is in there.

Hang in there good buddy, your pic is on the way!

I am really looking foward to seeing those photos, most importantly, the ones of them set up in the house, WHERE IT COUNTS! Congrats to the Dtel's.

Travis

• Moderators

CJ set the FTP site up, but I am having difficulty logging in to send the pics to him. I sent him an email and am anxiously awaiting his return mail and/or response on this thread.

We will get all the pics up asap, including some of the home pics.

I want to thank all of you for your continued comments and support. Dtel and I both are still in shock. I can't believe we have been so blessed by becoming a member of the forum family.

Again, a heartfelt thanks to all of you.