How about upgrading the autotransformers in your old networks as well?

Kudret

I've read many posts recommending capacitor upgrades in old networks. How about upgrading the autotransformers as well?

I've upgraded the capacitors with GE oil caps in my Type A networks. I also upgraded the inductors to 12ga Solen solid core but I was still using T2A autotransformers. Yesterday I decided to replace T2As with 3636s that I was using in my DHA networks and that really made an immediately noticable improvement. I don't feel the need to turn up the volume anymore. Even at low levels everything is clear and balanced.

They don't cost much. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Kudret

Intresting report.

Looking at the t2a and something like 3619, the t2a seems to fall short on being a close tolerance autoformer. I've done some digging, but have yet to find the bandwidth frequency range, the insertion loss, etc, on the t2a.

although not in a Klipsch those 3636 are excellent on FH1 with 1829/511 and motor run cap. I still have to muck with the woofer's lowpass choke as Peavey's woofer has lower inductance than a K33 so seems to require a larger value lowpass choke to prevent too much overlap which can cause cancellation and thin sound.