Attn: Reel to Reel Owners, music exchange

No tape here yet I am bummed, I am sure it will be here by the end of the week, with media mail you never know how fast something is going to arrive. Don, let me know when mine gets to you.

Travis

Travis,

I got your tape this afternoon and played most of the first side this evening. Everything sounds great so far.

• Moderators

No tape here yet I am bummed, I am sure it will be here by the end of the week, with media mail you never know how fast something is going to arrive. Don, let me know when mine gets to you.

Travis

Travis,

I got your tape this afternoon and played most of the first side this evening. Everything sounds great so far.

Don,

Glad you got the tape and were able to get it started. I hope the list I did helps. Let me know what you think.

Travis

Can you name any of the tunes?

Some songs, some artists, it's a real mix. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In no particular order; there was John Lee Hooker, BB King, Dr John,

Mighty Joe Young, Seigel-Schwall Band, the North Mississippi All Stars

and many many more.

Some songs included; Sally Mae, Horseshoe, I think it was the wine,

Need a friend, love letters straight from the heart, devil in your eyes

and many many more.

Can you name any of the tunes?

Some songs, some artists, it's a real mix. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In no particular order; there was John Lee Hooker, BB King, Dr John, Mighty Joe Young, Seigel-Schwall Band, the North Mississippi All Stars and many many more.

Some songs included; Sally Mae, Horseshoe, I think it was the wine, Need a friend, love letters straight from the heart, devil in your eyes and many many more.

Luther,

You got it man. Love Letters Straight From the Heart is by Boz Scaggs. It's my wife's new favorite song. She makes me dance with her every time I play it. (She doesn't have to try too hard.) I've got eight 10" reels of assorted blues recorded now. These tapes would be my idea for a format for a blues FM station. Sadly, we don"t have one in the area.

• Moderators

Please send me your address....Ill be happy to send you the record....No charge....You might not like the music.....Some times I dont.

I got a double bonus today, Maron sent me an lp that he was the recording engineer on along with David Ranada. It is a Promo copy of Ernest Bloch, Symphony in C-Sharp Minor, The St. Louis Philharmonic Orchestra. It is an audiophile pressing on virgin vinyl with the Direct Metal Mastering sticker on the front. Then I got a bigger surprise, a 2 track MASTER TAPE! (On loan of course). This tape is of the Washington University Wind Ensemble preforming The Thunderer March by John Philip Sousa, Overture to Candide by Leonard Bernstein, Shoonthree by Henry Cowell, Concertino for Clarinet by von Weber, some Persichetti and Giannini. I am not sure what is on the tape at this point but will report further.

Travis

Travis

This is what I will send unless I hear from you that you already have this music.

Chuck

Chuck,

Your tape arrived today, in perfect shape, I am hoping to listen to at least part of it this evening.

Travis

Travis,

I will do a compilation next time. Diana Krall no matter how beautiful gets tiring after a whole side. I think side two (Art Blakey) is a bit livelier. The tape was so easy to make. I hit program on the Jolida remote, chose the selections and let er rip.

Hope you like it.

Chuck

• Moderators

Travis

This is what I will send unless I hear from you that you already have this music.

Chuck

Chuck,

Your tape arrived today, in perfect shape, I am hoping to listen to at least part of it this evening.

Travis

Hope you like it.

Chuck

This tape is great, I am starting pass no. 2

Travis

post-15134-1381930826997_thumb.jpg

Travis

Chuck

Chuck,

Travis

Hope you like it.

Chuck

Travis

Thanks Travis,

That is a fine looking deck! Tandberg I assume? I would like to hear it and the story on it. Are you the original owner? What vintage?

Chuck

Travis

Chuck

Chuck,

Travis

Hope you like it.

Chuck

Travis

Thanks Travis,

That is a fine looking deck! Tandberg I assume? I would like to hear it and the story on it. Are you the original owner? What vintage?

Chuck

Sorry, I went to another pc and can clearly see it is a Tandberg and a fine one at that. Chuck

To add to our fun, I asked the guys over on Audiokarma if they would

like to join in. Well, here is what I have so far. As you can see there

are now two groups. Travis and I are still working time frame and

logistics for rolling these guys in. We'll update you when we figure

this out. For now, just keep to Travis' original schedule. We may wait

for this round to finish before binging in the new guys.

10.5" Group

Forum Member Name

Klipsch dwilawyer

Klipsch tarheel

Klipsch bluesboy

Klipsch wardsweb

AudioKarma pen_man

AudioKarma goldear

AudioKarma tapehead

AudioKarma wordman001

AudioKarma andyman

7.5" Group

AudioKarma wardsweb

AudioKarma johncan

AudioKarma mr slabi

AudioKarma mhardy664

AudioKarma dr*audio

AudioKarma boxoboom

AudioKarma mushy

Travis

Travis, Luther's tape is in the mail to you. Don and I switched twice so the order is different but will work out the same. Both of your tapes were fantastic, good selections and great recording. Thanks, Chuck

Luther, Don and I have heard your tape and Travis' tape. Don and I have heard each others tape as well(prior to sending to you and Travis).If you have not exchanged with Travis then do so at your conveinence. Then return the tapes to the owner.

Hope this clears it up a bit

Chuck

A friend of mine was about to put some of his grandfathers tapes and reel to reel on ebay. He mentioned having some jazz, elvis, nixon and some blank tapes in the collection. I told him some people here may be interested in them and that he should post here.

Thanks Seti ..........Would like to see the list. His grandfather!!! Now I feel old.

Chuck

LOL sorry... I was interested in the reel to reel but I have too many $$$ projects going on right now... : ( The jazz discs are I think from live performances in either Little Rock or Hot Springs. It would be really cool if they were from The Vapors(club) but I don't think there is a way to prove that.