Question on Calibrating My Systems Speakers

SynergySystem

Hi, im new to the klipsch forums after lurking for awile lol. I currently have a denon 1601 avr and a synergy setup. I have

SF1- 94db Sensitivity

SC1-95db Sensitivity

SS.5-90db Sensitivity

A very Modest system compared to what many of you have and ive seen on this site but i love that horn sound too and this was the most affordable. But back to my question, with the diffrent sensitivity and sizes of the various speakers Im trying to have an even sound stage and surround field. I currently have my mains FL and FR set +2db and center channel I left at zero. I have my surrounds(SL&SR) set +9db. And it all sounds pretty even to my untrained ears but im not sure if its exact. My question is this, is there a system to figuring this out or perhaps a tool that may balance my sound stage and surround field? Thx for all your help [:)]

Search this site for Radio Shack SPL meter...this may help you get closer to what you are looking for...what do you have your crossovers set at? They should be set higher than the lowest they will go...perhaps:

SF-1 at 80Hz

SC-1 at 100 Hz

SS-.5 at 100Hz

(if you can control the crossover settings)

Do you have a sub???

Bill

I see, I have seen SPL meters before but was unsure their use. Now I know LOL. I do have a sub tho not much of one lol but it does output bass...I have a JBL EP150(150 watt 27hz-150 HZ i believe). Unfortunatly I bought the receiver second hand and it didnt have a remote and with this model you need the remote to access the speaker settings menu. I plan to soon upgrade to an outlaw 1070 A/V. Tho i have also considered purchasing the denon's remote off ebay. Really irritaing, it was the first piece of equipment i bought and now kind of feel like a sucker lol.