Bob Dylan says modern recording atrocious.

Daddy Dee

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read some of this thread for the first time. Dylan is just clinging on to the past. And, "yes," this commercial for the iPod smells alot like marketing the album. He is putting his name out there to people who would have no appreciation for him. It is the marketing group trying to change a trend in order to see if a new "rave" can be started (a retro one at that).

Remember, the Traveling Wilburys were successful at this in a big way, and it wasn't long before Tom Petty went "folk." That's the idea behind the marketing and the statements.

Right before this short-lived folk-era of the '80's occurred, Roy Orbison was formerly known by his new, young listeners as "Roy Who?"

Jeff, your post is self-contradictory and poorly thought-out, giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was thought out.

But there is one part you really nail, that the iPod commercial might be advertising for Dylan's new album. MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY IT SAYS "MODERN TIMES" AT THE END OF IT!

Anxiously awaiting further breathtaking revelations from you. Perhaps you could explain why people get wet when they walk out in the rain.

Illustration by Robert Bentz for The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne)

Bob Dylan, third from right, didnt allow photographs of his concert Tuesday night at Memorial Stadium, so The News-Sentinel asked local artist Robert Bentz to capture the performance in watercolors and pencil.

post-7941-1381930821532_thumb.jpg

Jeff, your post is self-contradictory and poorly thought-out, giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was thought out.

But there is one part you really nail, that the iPod commercial might be advertising for Dylan's new album. MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY IT SAYS "MODERN TIMES" AT THE END OF IT!

Anxiously awaiting further breathtaking revelations from you. Perhaps you could explain why people get wet when they walk out in the rain.

Paul, glad I nailed something. I love you, man! On the rain issue, the reason people get wet is because (1) it is raining, and (2) they are not covered by something like an umbrella, for instance.

Now, honestly, Paul, as clever and witty as you are, did you think it took both of those conditions in the conjunctive to solve your problem? I bet you only thought it was because it is raining. [:P]

Illustration by Robert Bentz for The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne)

Bob Dylan, third from right, didnt allow photographs of his concert Tuesday night at Memorial Stadium, so The News-Sentinel asked local artist Robert Bentz to capture the performance in watercolors and pencil.

Wow nice watercolor. The artist confirmed my suspicions that Vincent Price faked his own death and that Bob and he are indeed the same person. All the pieces fit together now, just like in episode 3 of Star Wars. Neeto!