Alice In Chaings touring without Lane?

damonrpayne

They originally planned on having different "guest" singers at each

show. They did some shows in the past with the singer from Tool, Ann

Wilson of Heart and some dirt-rock guy from Puddle of Mudd. I think

they have a permanent guy now who was an unknown 'til now.

it will never the same without layne, his stage presence in small clubs was up there with the best ,they were even great at lollapolzza(?) that band died when he did, there not inxs

He might have been a great performer but I don't think he contributed much to the band musically. I have the Jerry Cantrell solo album and its easy to see where most of the music in AIC came from. Ken Starr has a lot of cred as a musician too.

• 3 weeks later...

it will never the same without layne, his stage presence in small clubs was up there with the best ,they were even great at lollapolzza(?) that band died when he did, there not inxs

He might have been a great performer but I don't think he contributed much to the band musically. I have the Jerry Cantrell solo album and its easy to see where most of the music in AIC came from. Ken Starr has a lot of cred as a musician too.

Degradation Trip is a great album, Boggy Depot is not to shabby either. I find it hard to replace Jerry's singing let alone Layne's. I'm a bigtime AIC fan, but damn that Degradation album is talented.