Help! Skipping and Static Problem with Win2k!

CatKnight

I just installed windows 2000 pe and winamp (lite) and all my mp3's occasionally skip or have static in them! i tried using direct sound out and wave out, and i have dx8a installed and the newest win2k drivers for my sb live. its weird because there is no pause when it skips, it just goes forward a quarter of a second or so.

i'm afraid that this seems to be a problem with alot of win2k and winamp users. myself and about ten other people, all with sblive's, no matter what drivers we have installed, it skips quit frequently. your best bet is to check out winamp.com and head over to the message boards. don't bother posting, just search winamp and win2k, there are alot of posts on it. You can download a different waveout i think, i can't remember, or there is some other fix that you can try, but no guarrantees.

J

I belive the problem lies within the newer versions of Winamp.. I am useing V2.64 and do not have a problem with any skippine or static on any of my 1500+ MP3s. Have been running the live with Win2k Since last Feb release of Win2k.

------------------

If its not BROKE you are not doing it right!

just because you have cd digital enabled and have it connected, doesn't mean its supported by your drive. anyway, alot of drives don't even send the audio thru the cable anymore, most of its transferred over the bus, be it ide or scsi. the regular cd volume would probably control it no matter what, digital or analog.

J