Looking for Marantz 7

Kudret

Get out your wallet to the tune of about 3 grand for a really nice one with a case . . .

I sold one for $300

DOH!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Marantz-Model-7-Stereo-Console-with-Manual_W0QQitemZ300015141947QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50593QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why not a C22 instead?--You know, keep it all in the family.

Allan,

I was leaning towards Marantz 7 based on some reading I did on AA. C22 will also be an excellent choice and I will definitely consider it if I come across a mint unit with wooden cabinet. BTW. My two SPUs are on their way to Down Under.

Frank, I agree with Guy, those are too good to be true!

Kudret

Never,listened too 7c but just got a nice deal on C22 (ebay #170016312611), just left Dewick's house after he looked it over (all org & clean) hooked it up with MC30s & Khorns, think I like it better than the C2200, except for the fact of having no remote. Seems, like you can get a C22 alot less then 7c's , also seems like the prices are better right now then in the fall/winter. C22 on Audiogon right now! Anyone, have any expericence with Creek remotes?thanks, jim

I used one for close to a year before selling it and buying a Blueberry. I paid $900 for it, added a nice original case for about $150 then ebayed it for about $2300. This was about 2 years ago. It was a very nice sounding piece of equipment and would be a great addition to a vintage setup. If I had to choose it or the BBX, purely for sound, I'd go with the BBX in a heartbeat.

I have also owned/auditioned a few vintage Mac preamps and preferred the 7C to all of them. None had been either checked out or refurbished so results may have been skewed due to age and condition.

Prices have remained high on these and I actually was a bit dissappointed when I only got $2300 for mine. It was in great shape. Expect to pay $3k or more for a really nice one as Allan stated.

Hey Guy!!! Hope all is well.

Allan,

I was leaning towards Marantz 7 based on some reading I did on AA. C22 will also be an excellent choice and I will definitely consider it if I come across a mint unit with wooden cabinet. BTW. My two SPUs are on their way to Down Under.

Frank, I agree with Guy, those are too good to be true!

Kudret

I thought it might be worth investigating, however you're probably right. I thought they might be ok because they were from the U.S. and not international. Guess I'm a little naive. I have a tough time sorting through "Audioweb's" stuff, you're right though, a lot of it looks too good to be true.