WAY OT - Any Bicyclists here?

Clarence

Check this out, 2007 specailazed Tri-cross Sport...

Uh-Oh, new toy!

I got out my trek today and took it for a spin, I got halfway around the block and the seat fell off! (I bet jacksonbart wishes he was there...)

SOOO I dragged the 8 year old trek to the bikeshop down the road and said "Whaddua gimme for it"???

Sorry sir, we only sell bikes. I can sell you a new seat for 49.95!

Uh, I dont like mountain biking anymore, what else ya got?

Oh we have hybrids now, mostly Road, but part trail. Looky here!

I left with a yellow reciept copy and a brochure.

(they have to order it)

[:P]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, we must have the same taste in tubes and bikes.

My wife and I literally just walked in from looking at bikes. Is that the new Sequoia model? Can't tell in picture. We looked at those and the Cannondale bikes. Which model is that, what do you normally ride for: fun, races, triathalons?

Paul

I'm just getting back into to road riding after a 9 year layoff. And I do mean "just". Have only been on a couple of 30 milers in the last couple of weeks. I bought a Trek OLCV Carbon 5000 at the local bike store. I already had a nice mountain bike that mostly sees "rides with the kids" duty.

I do love to ride. Wish I had more time.

Mine is a red steel frame racer I bought in '87 when the off-road bikes first came in and the bike shops were dumping racers as fast as they could. It's a DiamondBack Centurian, chro-molly, only 18 lbs.

Through the years I have replaced the pedals with clips and shoes, replaced the seat, replaced the handlebar with a lighter one, and replaced the tires with German brown walls.

This is a 14 speed bike, 7 x 2, and the front sprocket is not round, but slightly oval shaped so that the speed surge you get with individual pedal pushes is smoothed out to the back sprocket. This bike looks great (old style horizontal upper bar) with the shift levers on the lower front bar - it is a very quiet bike and the steel frame feels great.

I've run it from Houston to Austin twice without a hitch. Recently I've put on some lights as I am considering riding to work a few times each week (20 + 20 miles) as the weather cools.

Oh yeah, back in '87 I walked out with it for $180.

I looked at the site

it says its a "Freeroad" bike, I guess a hybris between on and off road.

The model is "Tri-Cross"

from the site...

EXPERIENCE: FREEROAD
Ever the Freeroad bike ? ready for adventure road rides or urban duties - yet supremely comfortable at the front of the pack on a 'cross course, the S-Works TriCross frameset employs extensive technology and unique design and materials to make it fast, strong and nimble.

I rode it around the store and it was increadably quick , comfortable, and agile. It seemed as if I was connected to the bike. (Kinda like a BMW???)

=)

Cannondale here. Mine is a 60 cm, Don't remember all of the parts, Mavic open 7 ? hubs, some crazy expensive spokes and rims, titanium flight seat, Shimano sante gear (old stuff, right below dura ace back then). Built it in 1992, weighs 19 lbs and still riding it today. My wife has a 54 cm 2005 Cannondale SR 400. Great bikes. You get the top of the line frame in the bottom of the line bike.

Too hot to ride here right now, still 100+ degrees. Just got back from hiking in the mountains, my dogs pads on her paws fell off (pretty steep grade). My wife perfromed "surgery" and she (the dog) is on the couch all bandaged up and napping. Breaks my heart. Need to get her (the dog) those little hiking shoes.

Cannondale here. Mine is a 60 cm, Don't remember all of the parts, Mavic open 7 ? hubs, some crazy expensive spokes and rims, titanium flight seat, Shimano sante gear (old stuff, right below dura ace back then). Built it in 1992, weighs 19 lbs and still riding it today. My wife has a 54 cm 2005 Cannondale SR 400. Great bikes. You get the top of the line frame in the bottom of the line bike.

Too hot to ride here right now, still 100+ degrees. Just got back from hiking in the mountains, my dogs pads on her paws fell off (pretty steep grade). My wife perfromed "surgery" and she (the dog) is on the couch all bandaged up and napping. Breaks my heart. Need to get her (the dog) those little hiking shoes.

How does that happen? I wont let my dog walk on asphalt in the summer, let alone let it walk its "pads off"!!! How can your wife sew them back on??? TAKE THE DOG TO A VET!

How does that happen? I wont let my dog walk on asphalt in the summer, let alone let it walk its "pads off"!!! How can your wife sew them back on??? TAKE THE DOG TO A VET!

Before you call PETA we always take our dogs to the vet. The outer layer of the pad came off like a blister and there is a tough inner layer of skin that is not bleeding. We didn't "sew" them back on. We cleaned them, packed with neosporin and bandaged. If it was anything even close to serious she would be at the Vet. I just spent $1,500 on one of the other dogs a month ago.

As Chris Rock says, "I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!!!!"...

Chris

Before you call PETA we always take our dogs to the vet. The outer layer of the pad came off like a blister and there is a tough inner layer of skin that is not bleeding. We didn't "sew" them back on. We cleaned them, packed with neosporin and bandaged. If it was anything even close to serious she would be at the Vet. I just spent $1,500 on one of the other dogs a month ago.

As Chris Rock says, "I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!!!!"...

Chris

PETA "people eating tasty animals"

PHEW I was worried. Sorry to jump but I had a really disturbing mental picture going of a poor dog walking an a trail leaving bloody footprints on the ground....

[:$]

I'm more into the downhill sprinting, though haven't done any of that since going off to college. I would have torn a hybrid apart back in the day, but now I'm stuck with a heavier mountain bike wither a shorter crank for riding to classes everyday. I've thought about changing bikes, but I figure the extra work helps out with the much needed exercise. There are definetly a lot of hybrids on campus though - can't say I haven't thought about it.

Anyways, nice bike - when do you get it?

At the bike shop, they said they had a new model coming in: a Specialized Sequioa. It apparently has a longer wheel base and lets you sit more upright slightly. Said it is meant for longer cruises/ races. But not a specific Tour de Hot as He.. Texas type bike. Interested to see what it is like. They also had a Cannondale Synapse ( I believe ).

They said that it was more comftorable to ride for long distances. Not exactly signed up for the 500 mile race yet!

Anyone seen this?

Also, what is that Specialized you are looking at running. They seem to be around 1100-1200 down here. Is that one a similar level?

Paul

I payed $1100, and got a free bottle holder and matte black removable mud guards. The guy said that he couldent discount it b/c its an 07 model. Maybe I should have waited till next summer?

Doesn't it seem like "hybrid" is the new rage in marketing these days??

NAH.