WAY OT - Any Bicyclists here?

Clarence

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent another email thru here, will see if that one goes thru. Basically, I was wondering, not about bikes at the moment, but:
I recently gave my Yammy reciever to my son. My new pre does not have a phono pre built in. I was needing to get one and was wondering what you thought about tubed pre vs ss pre for the phono part. Also wondering if you had any suggestions in those regards in general. You had also said that you might have some used TT for sale in the past, and was wondering if you also had any used Pre's for sale also.

Let me know if you didn't get the email, but that was the general question.

Thanks, Paul

Got the bike today, it is effortless to ride. 28 speeds? wow... also met some cool people, actually the bike shop is right down the road, and they do a ride on tuesdays at 6:30. I am excited. You should see me in them spandex shorts!

Kaiser isn't it funny, audiophiles also like bikes? Whats with us?? Maybe we need to organize on a bike forum?

Me with my new toy....

Ed, please, it's Lycra! It's tough enough parading around in those shorts as it is without calling it spandex. Pat Benetar wore spandex. You need some clipless peds for that beauty and you're all set.

you should be glad i didint call it a speedo. I had the clipless peddles on the trek and i like more of my big *** feet on the pedels. [H]

• 4 months later...

I'm not really into road bikes but since we are on the topic of bikes. I'm putting the order in for a 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert in about 2 weeks, I'm stoked. I haven't had a bike upgrade in about 8 years, I ride a Trek hard tail now.

Retails for $3400, the shop will sell it to me for $3200.

Specs.

http://www.leisurewheels.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p1602

Some nice pictures. (My blog)

http://mtnbikingaddict.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-07-stumpy-pictures-courtesy-of.html

Are you on the Stumpjumper now? Nice bike!

I don't ride bikes. As a kid, I DID however, ride unicycles and that included 10' uni's!

I had a client who was deeply into bike riding. Unfortunately, some idiot introduced himself to my client, with the hood of his truck.

Guess which yahoo is me? This was taken about 1973 give or take a month.

post-15072-13819321329016_thumb.jpg

and this was taken about 30 years later at our 25th high school reunion. Unfortunately, the guy on the far right didn't belong in the pic (same order as the uni's) The prior evening, the fifth guy WAS there and I didn't think until it was too late, just how cool it would be to get us all together again in the same riding order.

Control of your thread, will now be handed back to you.

[:P]

post-15072-13819321330446_thumb.jpg

I am curious to see what percentage of you guys ride road and what percentage ride mountain bikes and why?

Road bike mostly. I ride for transportation as well as recreation. I do have a rigid mountain bike that I've used on trails and I enjoy it when I do, but since it usually involves a car to get the bike there, I don't do it often. I'll be bringing my cheap-o road bike to the Pilgrimage this year like I did in 2005. If any of you would like to ride on the Monon trail for a couple hours (+/-) Friday afternoon or early Sunday morning, that would be fun.

Woo

I am curious to see what percentage of you guys ride road and what percentage ride mountain bikes and why?

Road bike mostly. I ride for transportation as well as recreation. I do have a rigid mountain bike that I've used on trails and I enjoy it when I do, but since it usually involves a car to get the bike there, I don't do it often. I'll be bringing my cheap-o road bike to the Pilgrimage this year like I did in 2005. If any of you would like to ride on the Monon trail for a couple hours (+/-) Friday afternoon or early Sunday morning, that would be fun.

Woo

Woo,

Monon trail would be cool. Getting my bike there is another story since I'd fly in from the West coast.

better but still have the mix wrong lol.

What I guess you missed in my comments is, we were standing in the same L-R order that we were riding in. First guy on left standing, is same guy on left on Uni, second/second...

They are already in the same order & you simply mixed them up a bit.

[:D]