WAY OT - Any Bicyclists here?

Clarence

better but still have the mix wrong lol.

What I guess you missed in my comments is, we were standing in the same L-R order that we were riding in. First guy on left standing, is same guy on left on Uni, second/second...

They are already in the same order & you simply mixed them up a bit.

[:D]

I did miss the same order thing. So which one are you? Or did I miss that as well? Great that you guys were able to get together again.

post-14158-13819321373942_thumb.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I got a big chuckle out of your artistic abilities.

You still muffed on one of them (end two on right) but that's ok.

My basic question was, which of them, am I?

I'm first on left, Paul Cash is second, George DeLoach is in middle followed by Mike Sheard and Sandy Parrish on the end.

I took this picture up to the high school reunion. As it happened, there were a NUMBER of people from "Hamilton Mini-Circus" that also took pictures to the reunion. Not everyone at the high school went to our elementary school so they weren't in MC. For those of us that were, we started about 3rd/4th grade and went through 6th grade. They became somewhat of a second family for all the many many hours of practice we put in, along with all the shows.

As an aside, we performed at places like Millet Hall (Miami University), Freedom Hall (Louisville??), Univ. Tennessee, numerous parades, including 2 consecutive Indy 500 parades. If anyone has ever been to Kings Island in Cincinnati area, we were there performing at its grand opening.

[H]

Thanks Pete, I'm a cruizer and I have cut back to only 3!

I used to make the 100 mile Shiner run each year from Austin and the first year I rode it all the roadies were laughing and making fun of this old longhair on his single speed cruiser when we were heading out of Austin only to have them all start standing up clapping at me 7 hours and 13 minutes later as I came dragging my salt soaked body into Shiner! They had all been there for hours eating pasta and drinking cold brew but that was not as much fun as entering local mountain bike races in town and placing in the top 3 on my old single speed[;)]

Tough way I guess to gain respect from these other 2 biking communities but I did achieve that and in the last run I took I made the 100 miles in 6 hours and 27 minutes, I vividly remember a couple of new roadies coming up beside me before the run and really trying to dog and drag me down when a couple of the top roadies in town over heard them and came over and told those 2 punks that if they lag there would be a pretty good chance that that old hippie on his single speed would beat them to Shiner and I got the biggest kick out of that little validation I was on cloud nine, the 2 newbies did beat me there but they came up to me at the end of that run and said they would never make that mistake ever again[:P]

Not sure if this forum will attach like this but here goes the kaiser's machines!

I was going

to swing by the FrankenBike meet in Austin at the Draught House this

Saturday... but I think I'll stay warm in my house here in Dallas

instead.

Thanks Pete, I'm a cruizer and I have cut back to only 3!

I used to make the 100 mile Shiner run each year from Austin and the first year I rode it all the roadies were laughing and making fun of this old longhair on his single speed cruiser when we were heading out of Austin only to have them all start standing up clapping at me 7 hours and 13 minutes later as I came dragging my salt soaked body into Shiner! They had all been there for hours eating pasta and drinking cold brew but that was not as much fun as entering local mountain bike races in town and placing in the top 3 on my old single speed[;)]

Tough way I guess to gain respect from these other 2 biking communities but I did achieve that and in the last run I took I made the 100 miles in 6 hours and 27 minutes, I vividly remember a couple of new roadies coming up beside me before the run and really trying to dog and drag me down when a couple of the top roadies in town over heard them and came over and told those 2 punks that if they lag there would be a pretty good chance that that old hippie on his single speed would beat them to Shiner and I got the biggest kick out of that little validation I was on cloud nine, the 2 newbies did beat me there but they came up to me at the end of that run and said they would never make that mistake ever again[:P]

100 miles on a bike? I haven't put a hundred on a motorcycle in the last year:)

I have an old Schwinn that a friend gave me a zillion years ago. Never ride it but I'm interested in getting into the sport. He used to ride this thing from Chicago to St. Louis on some yearly organized trip. Obviously bikes have come a long way. I could slice a pizza with the skinny tires on this antique.

Any recommendations on a new bike for a novice? Lets say under a grand.

Pete

I have an old Schwinn that a friend gave me a zillion years ago. Never ride it but I'm interested in getting into the sport. He used to ride this thing from Chicago to St. Louis on some yearly organized trip. Obviously bikes have come a long way. I could slice a pizza with the skinny tires on this antique.

Pete

Vintage Schwinn bikes are cool. Fix it up and ride it!

If you like it then spend some bucks on a better machine.

Pmsummer's advice about getting a local bike shop involved is valuable info.

Fit is EVERYTHING.

If you want to really go nuts, join www.bikejournal.com and ask for advice there. They are the tube/khorn geeks of the two-wheeled world.

hint: I don't try to improve my audio setup over there. [;)]

Woo (a tube/khorn/cornwall/heresy/tannoy geek)

Those staff pics look a little spooky:) I
dig the Ma and Pa corner shops. I will go out of my way to support
them. If it costs more, who cares, it's paid back in spades with
knowledge. LaGrange Camera in my neck of the woods is a great example
of that.

A few bike messengers patronize Rapid Transit. Spooky is one word to describe them. ;-)

I purchased a Trek 735 chro-moly touring bike 10 years ago, and it is the most uncomfortable bike I've ever owned. Having said that, it is also the fastest and easiest to peddle!

Me thinks I need to integrate this unit back into my daily workout regiment based on my weight gain. One thing is certain, this bike will work the sweat out of you at a good pace.

Pete

Pete, if you're serious, give Mike Richard over at Richards Bikes in Palos Heights a call (708-448-8260), check out their website at www.rbikes.com, or shoot him an email at mtb@rbikes.com. Mike's a great guy, and is very easy to work with.

Tell him how much you want to spend and what kind of riding you anticipate doing. Mike will patiently answer any and all questions you have. He will treat you right. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bike from him. Plus, he'll beat anyone else's price.

OK, I'll come clean, here's another one of my addicitons. [:D]

BTW, I have no affiliation with Richards Bikes other than being a previously satisfied customer.

I love it. Its the middle of winter, this an audiophile speaker site and here's a bike thread near the top.

Cervelo R3, built it up with Dur Ace 9 Speed, Stronglight cranks and other various bits of gram-age.

and yeah, its plenty stiff, especially when its 6 degrees and dark in the am, when I train. Actually, Klipsch for the training room is exactly why I'm here. Hah! I already asked, but anyone else "training" to Klipsch who can recomend a nice SS amp for cheap (that also has remote control). Am I taking us OT??

When I try to push 300+ watts at the pedals, I need some watts for the Forte's, too[:)]

I think I have about 7 bikes now. Road bikes are a Masi and a Scott with Dura-ace, Ultegra & Gossamer components. Mountain bikes are Specialized and Trek. Flatland is a homebrew Diamondback. Dirt is a Trek. Yes Trek made 20" bikes(they may still for all I know). I have a few others that aren't really special.

..... I already asked, but anyone else "training" to Klipsch who can recomend a nice SS amp for cheap (that also has remote control). Am I taking us OT??

I put my trainer in the khorn sweet spot and go go go!!! That'll get yer blood pumping. Can't recommend an SS amp with a remote control, though, as I went over to the dark side a few years back.

Woo

Thankfully, I'm pretty fortunate that we usually have good weather here. Well, most of the time anyway. We also have some of the best singletrack that you can find. That being said, I don't have much use for my trainer. I rode Brown Mountain/Ken Burton over the weekend as I have many time before. It's close by and it's always a lot of fun.

If anyone is ever in So Cal and wants to mountain bike, please let me know. I've riden most of the trails in the San Gabriel Mountains/Angeles Crest. I'm always up for a good ride. I'm also willing to go almost anywhere else in So Cal to ride with a little advanced notice.

I currently ride a 2007 Foes FXR, Curnutt Ti XTD, 2007 XTR gruppo, 2007 XTR disc wheelset & Fox Talas RLC. See you on the trails!

fxr_berge_112106.jpg