Connection question

33klfan

For my stereo setup, i have the wire from the speaker outputs going to the speakers and the rw-8. I also have an rca cable going from the receiver to the rw-8. I was wondering, to watch a movie should i disconnect the speaker wire and connect the rca or can you leave the speaker wire connected to the level in for the bass for a movie. It doesn't matter if i have to disconnect, but i just didn't know if it was right for a movie to have speaker wire connected instead of the rca. Hope you understand what i mean. Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand exactly how you have it hooked up. Do you have the speaker wire going from the receiver and then the speakers and then the sub? Or do you have the speaker wire going from the receiver and then the sub and then the speakers?

In any event, since your subwoofer does not have any outputs of any kind you shouldn't have it hooked up either of the above ways. The correct way to hook it up would be:

Speaker outputs to main speakers ONLY, subwoofer RCA out on receiver to RCA input on subwoofer.

Ok, here's the thing. I'm using my sx-980 as the preamp and the nad t753 as the amp. I have 2 pairs of speaker wires. One going out of the nad to the fronts and one pair going to the subwoofer inputs. It sounds pretty good this way. I was using the sx-980 and the fronts to do everything before the way i have it just described, but i decided to change it up a bit since i can. It just gives me another option of how i can listen to music with the equipment i have. The sub adds a tad more controlled bass with the way it is connected now than before. It is kind of a pain with connecting back and forth, but i mainly listen to music so to change for an occasional movie, it won't be too bad. Maybe sometime i'll get another sub, and use one for movies and one for music.