Wow, Klipsch updated their home page...Nice!

capo72

I just logged on after being gone for about 2 hours, and the home page has changed drastically. I don't save the forum in my favs. I always navigate through the home page to see what is new, and its new. So for all those of you who skip the home page, check it out!

Jeremy

Very nice/modern web layout compared to previous site layout.

The indivudual product page layout are much more professional in appearance. Some repeated URL requests are getting server error reponses currently, probably because the site is currently being edited.

One thing Klipsch needs to do is update the hopeless out of date where to buy list of dealers....this is very incomplete and doesn't include most chain stores locally at all!

The overall impressions of the site is good, Im' liking it a whole lot.

My only suggestion would be to consolidate the speakers into their product classes as done previously. Just lumping all the speakers types into one page for viewing does not appear overtly professional especially if its merely showing the pricing between product a to z.

A greater distinction on the site between Heritage, Referrence and Synergy needs to be made as soon as the visitor clicks on the speaker type so they feel the "value" of the item vs the speaker cost as a reason to purchase said items.

Just my 2 cents.

• Moderators

Hi Bob,

We tested it with a Mac and Safari after your initial feedback, and all looked good. Can you tell me what software versions you have?

Thanks for the comments everyone...it certainly is welcome!! Keep them coming!

As far as how we divided up the categories (by type as opposed to line)...our main goal for the site was to be as "user friendly" as possible..pretending that we were a first time buyer looking for information about Klipsch. In the past, we'd had a lot of questions about the difference between Reference, Synergy, Heritage, etc, and there was some confusion in the way it was laid out on the site. Presenting them all together as Floorstanders, Centers, etc seemed to make more sense so people could get side by side comparisons. You can eventually filter the lines once you get into the categories.

Using a Mac with Safari, the Klipsch main page is all scrambled up.

Bob Crites

Hmmm. At home, I'm using an older Mac G3 with OSX 10.3.9 and just signed on with Safari 1.3. I have no problems viewing and navigating the new home page. A couple of icons are just "?" marks in the forum area but they are still live links. I usually use Firefox as my browser and have had no problems at all for quite a while. You might want to look into Firefox for your Mac.

added: I just noticed that there are no smilies or other tools in the "compose post" area when I use Safari.

Yeah, this is getting a bit strange. The wife's G4 laptop loads the new Klipsch site fine. It is running MacOS 10.4.7 with Safari 2.0.4.

My desktop G5 is running exactly the same software and has the problem loading the Klispch site correctly. Don't see that problem on any other website.

Tomorrow I will be unpacking and firing up a new Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad Xeon (Intel processor). We shall see how that one does.

Bob Crites

Bob

Guest Kevin Pletcher

Using a Mac with Safari, the Klipsch main page is all scrambled up.

Bob Crites

"Scrambled Text / Difficult to Read - FIX"

This solution should correct issues you are

having on any browser.

WebTextFix.jpg

Guest Kevin Pletcher

...However the images are taking forever to load.

This has been corrected over the weekend and should be running very fast now.

Thanks for the feedback!

No change here, still all scrambled up using a Mac G5 with MacOS 10.4.7 and Safari 2.0.4.

Also, just unboxed an started up a New Mac Pro Quad Intel Xeon machine. Same problem on that machine.

Also, the Klipsch logo at the top of the Klispch Forum pages is not rendered correctly on any browser that I have. Some render it as a "?". Some render it as invisible text and some as visible text.

Bob Crites

• Moderators

Also, the Klipsch logo at the top of the Klispch Forum pages is not rendered correctly on any browser that I have. Some render it as a "?". Some render it as invisible text and some as visible text. Bob Crites

That's the same for all of us, we'll be working on it shortly.