Speaking of exercise and round shapes

wuzzzer

This Tuesday will mark the start of the 9th week that I've been on the South Beach diet along with an exercise program. I'm 5'10" and at the start of the diet I weighed 206.5 pounds with very little muscle. As of last Tuesday I weighed in at 187!

A few days before I started the diet I started an exercise program consisting of free weights, situps, leg exercises and cardio. I can tell a huge difference in muscle definition in my arms and legs and stomach. I'd guess that I've lost between 2-3" in my waist since the suits I wear to work are huge on me now and I'll have to get them tailored.

My goal is to get to 180 by the end of the year and I don't foresee any problems doing that.

On a more controversial note, I just bought a 5 pound jar of creatine muscle building supplement. I did a lot of research on it and there were a lot of positive comments and only very minor negative comments. It will be interesting to see how much it will affect my weight loss and muscle gain. I think a 5 pound jar usually lasts about 2 months, so it will be a good amount of time to measure the results.

This Tuesday will mark the start of the 9th week that I've been on the South Beach diet along with an exercise program. I'm 5'10" and at the start of the diet I weighed 206.5 pounds with very little muscle. As of last Tuesday I weighed in at 187!

A few days before I started the diet I started an exercise program consisting of free weights, situps, leg exercises and cardio. I can tell a huge difference in muscle definition in my arms and legs and stomach. I'd guess that I've lost between 2-3" in my waist since the suits I wear to work are huge on me now and I'll have to get them tailored.

My goal is to get to 180 by the end of the year and I don't foresee any problems doing that.

On a more controversial note, I just bought a 5 pound jar of creatine muscle building supplement. I did a lot of research on it and there were a lot of positive comments and only very minor negative comments. It will be interesting to see how much it will affect my weight loss and muscle gain. I think a 5 pound jar usually lasts about 2 months, so it will e a good amount of time to measure the results.

Creatine...ugh! Did alot of that playing college hockey. My advice - stir quick, hold your nose, and drink fast. Not exactly the most soluable mix.

Creatine...ugh! Did alot of that playing college hockey. My advice - stir quick, hold your nose, and drink fast. Not exactly the most soluable mix.

Fortunately this is a fruit flavored brand that actually tastes good. You're right about the stirring, it doesn't mix too well.

Fortunately this is a fruit flavored brand that actually tastes good. You're right about the stirring, it doesn't mix too well.

Use a blender .

Why use it at all???..................

"In weightlifting, since one would be able to perform at a high intensity rate for a longer period of time, this would translate into an increase in reps. Therefore, theoretically, because you can do more reps during a workout, your workout will be more productive and a higher degree of protein synthesis (the building of muscle) will be stimulated. Also, creatine pulls extra water into the muscles and because of this it is theorized that this extra water can stimulate further protein synthesis. Mostly, however, the exact mechanisms and beneficial effects behind creatine supplementation are not fully understood. During sprinting, one would be able to hold their highest intensity rate for a longer period of time."

Helps burn fat faster and gain muscle quicker. I think its a pretty good reason. [:)]

Creatine is poision to your body.trust me myroom mate has done lots of reasearch you ned to do more research and use kre-alkalyn very big difference. do a search for it and you will see the difference.get it at vitamin world.you can feel the difference.

How is it poison to your body when its something that naturally is in your body to begin with??