Hi all

JetJockey

Hi all, i am a newb here, just purchased my first Klipsch Speaker a few weeks ago (RC-62). All i have to say is holy crap! I am sold on klipsch and am now going to retire my Mirage OM260 to rear channel duties where I think it will do a much better job. I am now planning on getting the RF-83 to rock my HT and will see how the RC62 works with them, if required i will upgrade to RC64...drooling...LOL. I have a Yammy RXV 2500 and wondering if i will need a good 3 channel amp to do duty with those badboys? Thinking of an Anthem MCA30, would like at least 180 RMS per channel, any suggestions? And no i don't mean bryston sst6b, yikes, money!

Hi there....

Congrats on your purchase.

Klipsch has been and will always be the best bang for the buck.

Really, when running Klipsch in a HT or 2 channel set up.....you can run any decent receiver or amp that was ever made.

Seriously.

If you feel confident about your current receiver, then ultimately, let you ears be the judge.

Klipsch speakers are so sensitive, that any receiver you use will shine brighter with their speakers, than when used with any other manufacture.

Without question.

I seriously recommend commiting to a complete Klipsch HT.

You will not be let down.

Put the aforementioned speakers in the den and call it good.

Nothing wrong with Mirage (I have few pair) but they can't hold a candle to a comparable model by Klipsch.

Good luck and enjoy.

Regards,

John

Thanks guys, nice to be here. Arky, I am a pilot for Air Canada. Looking forward to visting here often and letting you all know how my upgrades go. Right now i can't decide whether to get my RF-83 or my new projector first???...i would rather the speakers but my kids want the big screen.

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to share some pics when you get her all setup and running [H]

Before you go changing your entire system all around I would recommend building a bit more slowly so that you can appreciate the changes each component makes (which should aid in the process of future upgrading). So though I might agree that you will want to improve your amplification at some time, I don't think it's the most important issue at hand. Klipsch speakers also have very high sensitivity ratings, which makes them much easier to drive. I think you will be very happy with your Yammie. But when it comes time to add an amp, you might wanna check these guys out:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/

As far as projector vs. speakers...what kind of timeframe are you talking inbetween the two purchases? Though I'm on your side and would prefer the better speakers, you can't deny the fact that the big screen has a bigger wow factor. You might try telling your kids that you want to hold off a bit on the projector until the new format wars settle down - that way you don't end up with something that is incompatible with future technology. I'm not well versed on the issue, but perhaps someone can chime in.