Problems installing the CP-1 preamp

Bataar

How do you get that screw out? The manual tells to unscrew the the pedestal. How is this done? That screw is in so tight that the phillips head tears when trying to unscrew it. I'm going to have to send my satalite in or something (still waiting to hear back from Klipsch customer support) because there is no way I can get that screw out. Have any of you had this problem?

• Moderators

Yes, some of those screws are on ridiculously tight.

However, you do NOT need to remove the stand to get the CP-1 on, it just makes it a little easier. Just push the pod back as far as you can against the stand and slide it forward.

It can be done, trust me. I've done it several times!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

• 1 month later...

Hey!

Well I did same as you bud. I got the CP1 and had to go to another speaker to install it easier that the screw wasnt so darn tight.

Well guess what? I took it a step further, and got 4 wall mounts. I managed to get 3 on the wall but the 4th sattelites screw will NOT budge. I am stripping the screw along with my phillips screw driver. I want the other one on the wall!!! HELP!! frown.gif

James

Hey!

Well I did same as you bud. I got the CP1 and had to go to another speaker to install it easier that the screw wasnt so darn tight.

Well guess what? I took it a step further, and got 4 wall mounts. I managed to get 3 on the wall but the 4th sattelites screw will NOT budge. I am stripping the screw along with my phillips screw driver. I want the other one on the wall!!! HELP!! frown.gif

James

Argh I am SOO upset. I been trying for like another 30 minutes to get this screw loose and it isnt coming out. Why the heck the Klipsch make it so tight if they knew we'd have to take out the screw eventually???????? ARGHH!!! I WANT THEM to take it back now and give me a new satteline, alone, with just the stand and a screw seperate. This is ridiculous. Otherwise Ill just send me stupid Wall mounts back.

I was wondering do you NEED to reattach the CP-1 pod at all... will it work seperated? wouldn't ot look cool mounted under the monitor?

I guess I will email tech support!

I need to put my satelites in a tight place..I prefer not to put them on their side.

You can take the control pod off and put it anywhere. Oh... whats that.. having trouble getting the CP1 back off after you put it on? Snapped all the way in there? Hey... THats the way its suppose to be. I wanted to take my cp1 off and guess what... Its stuck, just like the damn screw is stuck. Everything is such a tight fit with these Klipsch items and Im not liking it. Stupid screw, Stupid CP1!!!! SOmeone tell me what to do!

• Moderators

Ardent,

Use a #3 Phillips screwdriver with a large handle...another tip: wear some rubber gloves to get the best possible grip.

If the screw is stripped, however, there's not much that can be done to save it. Call our customer service at 888-554-5665 and arrange an exchange...specify that you want the stand removed before it is shipped to you.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com