? on monster cable

bigruder

i have monster cable 400MKII-2M 49.95 and the shop where i go said that he would give $50 credit and sell me ILR2-2M 129.95- 50 credit. is it worth going up in quality ..... and also trade in my monster video 3 component video cable 89 dollars for the z series one (dont remember part #) ......also i want to get a rear center speaker for my system to go from 5.1 to 6.1 and i was thinking of moving my sc.5(was my front center channel) for the rear center channel and getting a rc-3 II for the front center channel. i have sf-1 for fr and fl... do you think that the rc-3 would over power the sf1? or would everything be good.....just looking for help and comments

See if he'll let you take the ILR cable home first without trading in the Monster 400. That way you can make an A/B comparison.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

If you intend on keeping the SF-1s for a while as your main speakers, the RC-3 would not be the way to go for a center. It is not tonally matched to the Synergy series. You would want the SC-1 center channel (seems to be quite a few on Ebay these days). However, if your goal is to upgrade the fronts to the Reference series, then get the RC-3 now and replace the mains when you can.

Doug

Sure they want you to exhange those cables so they can make even more $$ on you -- plain and simple. BTW, component video cables are NOT anything special. It's just three (75ohm) composite video cables with the price jacked WAY up. My suggestion, stick with what you have instead of throwing any more money away.

I'm not saying all cables are equal, but you do reach a point (fairly quickly) where you are really just paying extra money for a fancy name and flashier looking cable. Don't believe the hype! cwm11.gif

the 'mk II' series is one of the best performance/vs./price catagories in the whole monster cable line...keep it! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 32"tv and sharp xv-z1u lcd projector

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!(RSW-15 LOOKIN'GOOD!)

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump:

Good advice StLouie!

Thanks!!

BTW, I think you have the state wrong on your "From" (to the left beneath your name). AK stands for Alaska, but I think you meant to select Arkansas which is AR.