Another set of Klipschorns on ebay....

Audible Nectar

Sorry Guys. I had to buy them. The seller only lives 2 miles from my house, same town. I went to look at them yesterday, and thay are great. Very clean, consecutive numbers, (10R697 & 8), and he has paperwork.

I know they will be awesome with the Fisher 500C tube reciever I just bought and am having brought up to spec.

Now, I have to put my Cornwalls on Ebay for a local buyer for at least $700.

I am sooooo excited to be getting my dream speakers.

Mike

Fronts - Cornwall 1's (Soon to be 1977 K-Horns)

Rears - Heresy 1's

Center - C7

Pioneer SX1250 (soon to be on Ebay)

Kenwood KR9600 (staying with me!)

Sony DB940 for HT

Fisher 500C Tube Reciever.

Audio Authority Speaker, Amplifier and Tape Switchers

Toshiba 2100 DVD

Sony Dual Satellite

Sony CX335 Changer

Misc other required stuff!

I can tell you right now, the vintage tubes sound so damn good with vintage Klipsch! I cant think of a more musical match... Yes, a SET amp will bring about increased resolution and better transparency along with the lowered noise floor; but I have to say that the soul of the music is VERY well served with a simple push-pull vintage unit with EL-84 or the like.

My EICO HF-81 is more fun than it has any right to be via my '77 Cornwall I; your Fisher 500C should be as well!

kh

------------------

s y s t e m

Linn LP-12/Linn Basic Plus/Sumiko Blue Point

Rega Planet

Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Creek OBH-12 Passive Preamp

Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

DIYCable Wire - Various

1977 Klipsch Cornwall I

Alternate Components:

EICO HF-81 - btw, perfect Cornwall match

ASUSA A-4 EL-34 UL

ProAc Mini-Towers

EICO HFT-90 Tube FM Tuner

Sumo Aurora Tuner

Nakamichi CR-7af>s>

Sweet jobman! We'll need pics and a full report soon! Smile.gif

It's good that you were only a couple miles away so you could go look before using the buy it now feature. I hate when sellers put a picture of a new "whatever they are selling" instead of the actual item for sale. Real pictures are more comforting than ones copied from the manufacturers website.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

dndphishin:

Thanks. This board is just awesome for it wealth of information and ideas. From what I have learned here, it made it really easy to know what to look and listen for when I inspected the K-Horns.

BigBusa: Pics will come as soon as possible. (I had just finished taking pic of the Cornwall setup to post)

I was looking at a pair of K-Horns in L.A., but someone did the Buy it Now for $2100, and with these for $1600, I was not going to lose again. I was also watching a nice pair of Belles on Ebay, but they are now up to $1125, to close to the price of the K-horns, so it was a no brainer.

The WAF is also higher with these K-horns. She loves the sound of the Cornwalls, (as in, THEY ROCK!) but the K-horns will match our existing furniture better. (and they will ROCK even more!)

Mike

Sniff

Aren't they just a little outre old top? Doesn't do to flaunt one's capital after all!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

That'll unsettle the blighter - They were supposed to be mine. I mean I even had a buyer lined up for the kids and the cat for crying out loud!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)