'73' Cornwalls home

tom b. 57

Well, its kind of late. I had a very busy day, and as it turned out I didn't get down to pick up the Cornwalls until 3:00PM Pacific time. By the time I got done shootin' the breeze and listening to the speakers with the seller, it was after 5:00. On the way back of course the traffic sucked and it seemed to take forever to drive 30 miles. I got home and had to do some running around with my daughter. That also seemed to take forever. By the time I got back to the apartment and attacked the hookup and placement of the Conwalls it was after 9:00. I hooked the speakers up to my Harmon Kardon HK3480 and they didn't sound right. I checked connections and everything was fine. I turned the HK on again and it seemed like I had to crank the volume to get any kind of decent listening level out of the damn things. I walked over to the receiver after listening for just a couple of minutes, knowing something was wrong, and about the time I was going to reach down to turn the volume down and shut the damn thing off, the SOB blew up on me. A spark was seen at the rear of the receiver and then that was it. The display said protect and the thing shut it self off. I thought holy crap my speakers somehow caused the HK to fry. Well I grabbed my trusty Sony and hooked the Cornwalls up and they are doing just fine. Evidently whatever caused the HK to fry wasn't the speakers. What a trip. Anyhow, the Cornwalls look beautiful and they sound awesome. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Oh, by the way the Conradial horns that came with them does enhance the high end a little, but, they sound fantastic without them hooked up too. Don't worry about the HK, its under warranty. I will be taking it to an authorized service center tomorrow. You can count on that.

Tom