'73' Cornwalls

tom b. 57

I wanted to put some pics. up of these things, but I have not been able to get my daughter over here with her camera. I have really been enjoying listening, and I got to admit, looking at these speakers. They are in great shape. One thing though, The grille cloth seems to be attached to the cabinet. I tried to remove the front cover but I believe that it is not removable. I felt around and it seems that the grille cloth is stapled or glued to the motorboard. Is this typical of this year of Cornwall? I really wanted to take a peek at the components just for curiosity's sake.

Tom

I might be corrected, but as I understand it, there are 2 lines of Cornwalls, Decorator and Finished. The Decorator Cornwalls have a flat front board (motorboard), and the Finished ones are inset. When you buy the Decorators, you choose your own grill cloth and your own stain and do it yourself to your taste.

I have Decorators, and the grill cloth is stapled on. There are no removable grills.