Jay481985

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[<:o)]

Now we are talking MAJOR,MAJOR displacement. I am speechless,this is a must have for any sub fanatic on this forum. WOW words fail me(as they often do ...LOL).

Tonight I will inquire about shipping and customs.DAMN this is amazing. And a dually config with two beefy Crowns...under $7000 WOW this thing will murder the competition(save the DANLEY...maybe).Sick sick sick

For ease of use(practicality)...the DANLEY.Only requires a small fraction of the wattage needed to reach major output.

For the technophiles who like to talk about mighty woofer moving massive amounts of air...TC Sounds.The main deterant is the major power needed to motivate these brutes to reach ubber SPL.

I think its a toss here.I'll go TC Sounds

sunburn:

You're correct. For me, the reason I have a sub that can outclass the rest of my system is because of HT factors that can require enormous (but still balanced) energy in the subsonics. I would assume the majority of non-audiophile sub owners have subs that would not stand up to THX requirements (just for example) while the rest of their system may be capable of such. It's not about pure output, but extension and low THD.

For music I would not need nearly as large a sub, or depending on my mains no sub at all.

drwho and many stated such that many cds do infact have alot of sub 32 hertz material.

A friend of mine who is a retired audio engineer would beg to differ .

That's an odd statement. How can he differ with fact? I own CD's with material below 32 Hz. It's not something to disagree with. It's just fact.

Well maybe your audio engineer friend hi-passes all of his stuff at 50Hz...what genre of music did he work with, and what kind of medium? I thought ghosting was only an issue with analog tape??? It's not uncommon for studios that track to tape and keep everything analog until it ends up on the CD to implement a lot of high-passing to prevent saturation.

http://www.leaonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1207/S15327973RLSI3301_4

(bottom of page 11)

Sub 30Hz material is very common (whether intentional or unintentional), but there is a lot of music in the new-age, metal, electonrica genres that is often below 20Hz - and is almost always intentional and integral to the music.