LaScala's vs Belles new KID NEEDS HELP

I'am new to klipsch I like my music loud and clear i have the power my dynaco 80's have seen there last concert no replacment 13'' woofers

so i have told 901's well $1200 later and they are junk no personality

i have been reading here and called tech support (klipsch) and they say LaScale or cornwall 3's but no one has said anything about the Belle

PLEASE ANY HELP

iam running twin dynaco 416's /sc10 / pat5 bifet /all costom built by Andy Cajka from dynaco ind.

The Belle's are discontinued, may be why Tech Support did not discuss as an option.

Any one of the three (LaScala, Cornwall, or a used pair of Belle's) will be a great pick.

the room is is open 16 x32 but is cut up welll not a good pair of corners

looking for used i saw where someone was building there own mod's to a pair of Belle's

iam looking for used

and like old rock 70'80's ac/dc led zeplin Hendrix and your southren rockers

i like loud but with a feeling the 901 i bough were loud but empty if that makes any sence and no real bottom end

thanks redd

hey Redd -

K-horns - if you have the corners. these are a must have. average 2 grand and up.

Belles - are the nicest looking speaker klipsch ever made. price between 2 grand and $2500 36 X 30 by 18 deep. used and in mint condition

LaScalas sell for half that. 36 X 24 and 24 deep.

Cornwalls priced between 500 and ? don't overlook these speakers. i personally own 10 of them and colter ( King of the Cornwall ) from an above post has 9.

my room is 20 X 30 K-horns on the 20 wall with LaScalas for center and heresy rears.

i'm sure you are more confused than ever now but as colter says. Wecome to the madness

Prices of Belle's and LaScala's have a pretty wide swing.

Used LaScala's range from 500 bucks to 1900 bucks. Plenty below 1000 dollars. Of the 4 pairs I own, 3 pairs cost me less than 600 dollars.

Used Belles range from 900 bucks to 2200 bucks. Plenty below 1500 dollars. Plenty of 1250 deals on ebay over the last 6 months.

If you become intrested in anything that has been upgraded or tweaked, deduct some money from your offer if the seller no longer has the original parts. You will be surprised how easy it is to use this as a bargaining chip on the price. Even if you do not care or are really intrested in the old parts. If the seller does not have the old parts, he most likely sold the parts and probally will not take a big hit on cutting your price. If he turns over the old parts, your call if you want to keep them or sell off to recoup some of your cash outlay. Get an inventory of what the seller has related to the speakers.

Try to avoid buying during tax refund season....sellers can hold out on the price and get a sale easier than during the back to school thru Christmass buying season.

For the purposes of this post if we accept the premise that Klipschorn's are the pinnacle of speakerdom and we assume the used market is your venue for purchase, then IMO you next best choice is the La Scala if you are searching for that sound. They share the same driver and horn compliment save for the folds/size of bass horns. Neither the La Scala nor Belle Klipsch have anywhere near the bass extension of the Klipschorns. If aesthetics are your preference then the Belle Klipsch is clearly the way to go. The primary difference in these speakers is the horn used for the squawker. The Belle Klipsch uses a K500/501 500Hz horn and the La Scala uses a K400/401 400Hz horn. I personally like the 400 Hz horn better than the 500 Hz but the overall sound is very similar, almost indistinguishable from one another. Both speakers use the same drivers and posses a very similar bass horn. I have seen reports show the Belle Klipsch 1 db less in sensitivity (103 db/1w/m) than the La Scala (104 db/1w/m) but I would not wet my skivvies over that difference. I have also seen specs showing both rated at 104 db/1w/m. The La Scala, as others have alluded to, will cost less to acquire in the used market. Good luck!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

R/Jim

If you want 2 ch for loud rock and roll without using subs, I'd get Cornwalls. They are about half as deep as LS and have smoother bottom end. IMHO the CW is the best bang for the buck, most even tempered, smoothest low end, most flexible at room postioning of ALL the big boxes.

If you want PURE LOUD and or are using subs, LS would be louder than CW with better mids because of the bigger horn.

KLF30 are also great Rock Klipsch speakers as are Chorus II. They would be smaller footprint and $$ than any of the above.

Michael

"Try to avoid buying during tax refund season....sellers can hold out on the price and get a sale easier than during the back to school thru Christmass buying season. "

Excellent advise, prices really spike at that time of year.

I bought a pair of "beater Belles" for $1200 from a local guy on Ebay and completely refinished them and replaced almost all of the walnut edgebanding. It was a LOT of work to tear them apart and refinish each peice, but they look almost like new now. I was really amazed how well they turned out.

My brother has a pair of LaScalas, and I think my Belles look much nicer. However, both sound almost identical and I wouldn't be disappointed with either.

i just want a good sound at a fair price iam 52 love my music ac/dc stones preast jimi and all the southnen rockers

my power is good and clear and a real 800 plus watts with twin 416 dyna's that are tricked out by Andy Cajka along with pat 5 se10 and after the bad taste in my mouth from those 901 series 6 brand new they are loud but no body or color they leave an empty feeling with you i was heart broken after all the hipe and now looking to move on but with a little more CAUTION