RT12-d vs the RT10-d

Raider

For those who have heard both what difference is there between these two subs. I would think that the Adaptive Room Correction would effectively negate any difference in frequency response. So is there any difference in the sound character or voicing between the two? Any advantage of one over the other? Or is it just a matter of how much output you need for your room size?

I'm also quite interested in this. When I get my Rt-12d ill be comparing it to the rsw-10d and a local shop of mine which carries the REL B2 britannia series and the newer R series - As well as B&W subs and Velodyne. I'm still quite curious as to what the improvments between the two RT subs are also. My guess is you nailed it with the little bit more output and perhaps a few hz more extension.

There is NO difference in sound character. Voicing,NO difference again. The larger RT-12d will descend a wee bit deeper and have more output down low(again minute gain).

I will stack them(the 10 and 12),next to my three RSW subs. Yes this will be five potent Klipsch subs working as one,not ideal(I know)but when all are in perfect phase and working as a team will provide me with what I call Klipsch subsonic fix. [:D]

Tonight I just started unpacking my RT-10d and newest Sunfire(also part of a series of SUnfire subs working as one).Damn I love these toys [:D]

Tell me more about the RT sub Arthur!, where it excells, where it falls short... compared to your other subs, (more expensive or less). How is the ARC on these things, apparently its a breeze to use, but does it work well better than the EQ on the DD velodynes?

I'm curious to see how the RT sub fairs compared to your RSW15, Aerial sw12, your B15 and any other high end toys you have gotten since I last heard about your list [:D] Thanks! (also have you heard the REL britannia line? if yes, how did you find them[:^)])

- Ed

Before I take a nap(12:56PM here)...

The autocalibration on the Klipsch works great,how compared to a DD sub.I cannot say as I have an HGS18 not a DD series sub.So I cannot comment who has the better auto calibration.

You have to know the DD series have a much more visual feednack,to your monitor with a clear as day graph.The Klipsch being more down to earth in price does not have visual on screen like the DD series.

How the RT compares,this Sunday I will be able to give a good measured impression,at the moment I would have to stretch.

SO more,much more this SUNDAY SUNDAY...SUNDAY! [:D]