Hey Picky! How 'bout those Tigers!!!

DizRotus

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Ernie Harwell: "The Yankees are L-O-N-G G-O-N-E!" [D]

It's a great time of the year: Hockey season started, Michigan beat State and Notre Dame and the Tigers are in the playoffs! ........We won't talk about the Li-Downs.

Yep, gotta count on each and every game and not get an attitude!!

Last night turned into a 9th inning squeaker for Detroit's pitching, but they pulled off the 8-5 win. Now, it's back to Detroit for some SNOWBALL!: 40 degrees and rain/snow mix is predicted for game-time on Friday night. It'll be in the mid-30's by the time the game ends. A freeze warning is predicted for the area tonight after midnight. They expect the low to hit 31 by tomorrow morning! Hopefully, the Tigers will be able to endure the cold, but I think that Oakland may be freezing their A's off! ...sorry, I could not resist! [;)]

Oh yeah, the Wings beat Phoenix last night 9-2. They actually out-scored the Tigers! Poor Cujo (former Wings goalie: Curtis Joesph). The Coyotes ousted him in the 2nd after allowing 7 goals. Schneider got a Hat Trick! Great TV for Detroit Sports fans last night! I'm gonna wear my clicker out!

post-10177-13819311435216_thumb.jpg

I think the rule is that they can activate players between series, but not during a series. Sooo....I believe they could bring Shelton back in for the WS if needed.

By the way, did you see the super slo-mo video of Casey blowing out his calf? It made me shudder just to watch it. Fox's super slo-mo home plate cam is just awesome.

The one annoying thing that Fox has cleared up since earlier games in the playoffs was the unreal sound effects they were playing everytime the ball was pictched and hit. They were inserting an artificial bat crack sound and an artificial glove pop sound--at least they sounded artificial...no way they could get that sound without a mic inside the catchers glove...

Go Cardiac Cats!

Well, the Friday game between Oakland and Detroit here in Michgan has been officially moved due to the weather! It was supposed to start at 8:00 PM EST at Comerica Park. It has now been moved up to a starting time of 4:30 PM EST in hopes of a little more warmth. Game time temps are still expected to be 41-43 degrees, but what little warm the time shift might have given will probably be dissipated by the 20 MPH wind that will also be present. That's a wind-chill of about 30 degrees! YIKES!

I'm sure glad that Tigers have fur coats! Bless You Boys!

Hooray! I hate waiting until prime time to watch what should be afternoon games anyway. Plus, gone is allure of skipping work to go to a playoff game if they are all at night. We are Tiger fans right now because our hero is Ivan Rodriguez. The only Rangers game we have gone to since the trade or non-signing actually was when he was back in town with the Marlins. They lost an entire family's worth of business when they let him go (and my mom used to spend a ton).

With their 6-3 victory over the A's:

TIGERS WIN THE PENNANT AND ADVANCE TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!

WOO-HOO! IT'S ABOUT TIME (22 years)!

The Wolverines remain undefeated too by sacking Penn State 17-10. GO BLUE! GO TIGERS!

"SA-WEEP!!!".... [:D] [D] [Y]

post-10177-13819311544278_thumb.jpg