Hey Picky! How 'bout those Tigers!!!

DizRotus

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW I get. Thanks for the nudge Oldtimer. You almost had to Telegraph the clue.

Yep! That's the new ($14 million) Detroit Gateway bridge they installed over Telegraph Road on I-94 in Taylor for the Superbowl last winter. It's better known around these parts as "The Big Blue Blunder".

Regarding Series game 3:

Meowouch!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, that was no fun! Silent bats and a comedy of errors made by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Detroits pitching staff sent this game into a tail-spin.

None of Detroits 7 pitchers (I think thats about how many they used) could match Carpenters brilliance on the mound.

Zumayas rookie mistake in throwing to third, plus overthrowing the ball to Inge on top of that: A very costly error.

I admit that St. Louis deserved to win last nights Feline Fiasco.

Game 4 is tonight: It's my birthday so I hope they win! That would make a nice present! I'll be watching 'Lost' and the Wings game, too! The "clicker" will be busy tonight! [;)]

Detroit's Gateway Bridge construction last year prior to Superbowl XL....

post-10177-13819314032198_thumb.jpg

The Tigers were finished last night by a master Carpenter. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Both <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />St. Louis and Detroit were the underdogs throughout the post season, and yet each prevailed. When the "underdogs" finally met head to head, one team had to be anointed as the favorite. It made me uncomfortable that the Tigers were the favorite of the "experts." Games aren't won on paper; just ask the Mets and the Yankees.

Not to worry . . . much . . . yet. If Pudge, Polanco and Granderson don't wake up tonight, then it's time to really fret.

In 1968, while matriculating at MSU, when the Cards led the Series 3-1, a St. Louis fan and native vowed to throw his TV out of his 5th floor dorm window if they blew their lead. They did and he did. That CRT made quite a noise and mess as it hit the pavement.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLENN!

The series is now 3-1 St. Louis: They need to win only 1 more game!

Well, those are not the kind of records a team wants to set in the World Series: 4 pitcher errors in 4 consecutive games! No thank you! The Cards are out-playing, out-batting, and out-pitching the Tigers. The Detroit bats need to wake up and the pitchers need to start throwing strikes. This is 1968 all over again when Detroit was down by 3 games behind the Cards. In that series, the Tiges came from behind and took the final 3 games to win the series. I'm hoping that history will repeat itself! -Glenn

Still not saying anything................[:o] [;)]

My TVs are not going anywhere anytime soon, regardless.

How about them Rams, poised to take over first place in their division?

Carl.

P.S. Michigan fans take note. I am currently up in Ontario on business, just west of Toronto. From the brief media coverage up here, it appears that Canadian fans are in your corner. I say "brief" coverage because the opening sequence of TSN this morning devoted about three minutes to World Series highlights before morphing back into non-stop hockey and American football highlights, stories, etc. The average Canadian on the street, however, does not appear to have any interest in the series - even though a Michigan team is playing.