Hey Picky! How 'bout those Tigers!!!

DizRotus

"Did the Tigers lose 4 games yet??????????? NO they didn't.....it is still wide open...."

Nice to see people in New York manage to maintain their sense of humour despite the fact that both of their teams are watching at home.....

Carl.

In the best Catwoman voice imitation: "MEE - YEOW!!" [;)]

post-10177-13819314085356_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was a great fight mom, but we lost!"

Major props to the Cards and their stellar pitching staff! Congratulations to St. Louis!

5 games in a row / 5 pitcher errors in a row: Not exactly a record to aspire too.

Congratulations to the Tigers for bringing real baseball back into the hearts of Detroiters. I have missed the game and this year the Tiges made a huge difference. It's a shame that things petered-out for them in the final round. It sure was an exciting run and Verna and I loved flipping back-and-forth between the Series and Hockey last night. Nice job Wings (as rcarlton said)!

Thanks for a great year, Tigers.....

post-10177-13819314126532_thumb.jpg

I was hoping for a Tigers comeback also, but man, they looked like the NY Yanks in this series. I know it's been a long time since the Cards won it all, 1982, to be exact, and coincidentally, beat my team, the Milwaukee Brewers. I may be waiting quite a bit longer. A 30 year anniversary win would be nice in 2012. Or maybe just get in the playoffs? What a miserable month of weather to play baseball finals in - that don't seem right?

I'm outta here!

Thanks, guys. As Bryan Burwell of our hometown paper wrote this morning, it is finally ok to say it again: "the Cards are world champions."

Tenth world championship, second only to the Yankees!!!! This one is pretty sweet because this team was such an underdog in the postseason after a mediocre performance in the regular season. Many forget, however, that the same core nucleus remained from the teams that won over a hundred games two years in a row (and a world series appearance just two years ago).

The town was crazy last night, and I expect more of the same at the parade tomorrow.

Carl.

I know: It's a great feeling, Carl. Congrats and enjoy! The best team won.

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

The World Series was cancelled this year.

Just like last year.

And after the 6th game of the 2003 NL Championship Series.

- Jim (Cub Fan living in denial)