Klipsch Gear---what do YOU want??

Amy

Designs consisting of Classic logos and emblems - not trendy slogans.

May I suggest classy DARK T-shirts, polos and baseball hats (the classic structured kind - not the trendy preppy slouch (non-structured) skull caps so common today!!!)

Polos with a logo on the sleeve. Long sleeve t-shirts with the logo/brand on the sleeve. Mock turtlenecks with the logo/brand on the neck.

White or light T-shirts are not practical considering stains and the reality of perspiration in hot climates!

Oh, and if you go the 'Under Armour' route as suggested by some, PLEASE use a brand of poly with the anti-odor/microbial treatment!!! Under Armour is quaint the first few times you wear it, until you discover the nifty secret known by many who have been using poly undergarments for years camping and skiing - they acquire a wonderfully quaint permanent Stench of body odor![:P]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Klipsch to get an AMPHITHEATER. Yes, an AMPHITHEATER. Now I know about the dedication for the new facility in Arkansas to PWK, but this is a different idea.

Just north of Indianapolis is a facility formerly known as Deer Creek Music Center. It is now called Verizon Wireless Ampitheater, but it will always be known to me as "Deer Creek"......

.........unless.........

Klipsch put thier name on it[:D].

If some big megacorp is gonna stamp thier name all over my beloved amphitheater, the only one approved by me would be KLIPSCH. In most cases, megacorps who stamp thier name across stadia do much to rob the character of the place - and after all, how can anyone keep track of the constantly changing and circulating corporate names that get attached to these? If Comiskey Park (home of the Chicago White Sox) gets renamed "U. S. Cellular Field", and U.S. Cellular puts thier name on a half dozen other places across the USA, what character does this have? They all sound the same, and have no unique character given by way of nomenclature.

Too often, these corporate sponsors have nothing to do with the building or activity in the building being sponsored. U.S Cellular Field? Why? Oh, I get it - when I go see the White Sox there, I see half the crowd talking on cell phones during the game[;)]

So it's time for Klipsch to put a stop to this injustice. Put a name on the old Deer Creek that deserves to be there - KLIPSCH.

I would dig that idea but it's still a pain-in-the-butt place to visit.

But you've definitely got a point there- corporate sponsorship of something BIG.

I think we've got a new dome in the works that is being title after some oil company- yeah we have a lot of those in Indiana- geesh, gimmee a break!

M

A test CD or DVD designed for Klipsch speaker systems that checks everything, including distortion of all types (everything), room acoustics, frequency response, transient response, and designed for 2 channel, 2 channel with center speaker, 2 channel with center speaker and sub, 5.1 , and 7.1. It will also come with optional SPL meter and whatever else is necessary for an audiophile's thirst.

JJK

I would dig that idea but it's still a pain-in-the-butt place to visit.

But you've definitely got a point there- corporate sponsorship of something BIG.

I think we've got a new dome in the works that is being title after some oil company- yeah we have a lot of those in Indiana- geesh, gimmee a break!

M

Yeah, it IS a pain in the butt place to visit anymore. But me and that place do have quite a history......I've seen shows there from it's inception, and I have a special way of lodging when I go - I stay at a place called "dead creek camp". It's about a half mile off the lot on private property - no DUI or other associated troubles when visiting, and I can tailgate all I want to[:)] Sometimes they even have late night after show music, too.

And while "the Amphitheater formerly known as Deer Creek" ain't what she used to be, it is still one of the better "shed" type music facilities in the country. I do wish that the local constabularies had a better relationship with the facility and patrons, though.

And while a corporate sponsorship opportunity might be more than Klipsch is willing to bite into, I figured it was a good way to shake up the thread a little from the repetitive (yet good) idea of beer mugs and such.....[:D]

Oh, and BIG agreement with JJ on the CD idea.......

Sheet's of sticker's and decal's!!!!!! We can put them everywhere for all to see. Free advertising that we will buy and display in some of the best locations you can imagine. I can see forum members posting about where they put them or where they saw them and not knowing who put them there. Later Bill

yea! excellent idea. Who knows, we may even see one on Mr. Eccelstones private jet [:D] [;)], or Shummi's F1 car.

Amy,

like Maxell with their retro ad, bring back the hobbit t-shirt in brown. You could have a stream of smoke coming out the hobbit's pipe, and on the opposite side, "Klipsch (Heritage) - still smoking!"

It would provide a double service, also providing numbers for Heritage vs Klipsch generic sales.

Birddogging the original Brook 12A mod 1 tube amp design, and rolling it out as an Aragon Brook, would be a wonderful tip of the cap to PWK.

In a heartbeat, I'd buy......

- Klipsch pint beer glasses (probably 8 of them)

- Scaled down versions of Cornwall or K-Horn or LaScala or Heresy speakers that contain Pro-Media drivers that I can hook up to my work & home PC's (probably buy the Heresy and Cornwall PC speakers since that's what I own).

- A Klipschorn "replica" that contains AM/FM/CD electronics that is small enough for a desk at work.

- A Klipschorn "piggy bank" that says, "I'm saving my pennies for a REAL speaker."

- Klipsch logo magnet thingy like those soccer ball magnets you see on cars and soccer mom vans.

- ID badge lanyards ( http://www.nametagsource.com/customlanyards.htm ) with Klipsch logo and some fancy saying.

Tom