It's about time!!

RTTR

I had bend over backwards to get some answers out of the place I ordered my NAD C542 CD player from but it finally came today.

I'm never again ordering from Harvey Electronics in NY, they may be NAD Authorized but I guess that means nothing in terms of customer service. Now just to wait for my line conditioner to come (from another place)

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Without a doubt I can tell a huge difference over my previous source which was my PC with an Audigy 2 sound card.

Espesually with HDCD's, but it could be just every other CD player I've heard my HDCD's in sucks compared to this NAD.

It's also WAY louder then I'm used to, before it was loud but now it's LOUD, I can't even bare to turn it past 1/4. I have no need to play with the tone controls as well, they will stay flat.

I'm listening to some Duran Duran right now, sounds beautiful

my NAD dealer

never had an issue, super fast shipper

http://www.amsound2.com/

congrats its a nice cd player

Ouch, that link you gave is an unauthorized NAD dealer, with a 1.8 out of 10 store rating, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole, I paid the extra to have a warranty.

Their NAD stuff is most likely B-Stock / Refurbished

The reason I know they are unauthorized is I asked NAD Customer Support.

my order shipped from:

NAD Dealers within 10 miles of zip code 03801:

0 miles
map

State Street Discount
3613 Lafayette Rd.
Portsmouth NH 03801
USA

603-436-7047

I dont pay retail. I respect Audiogon. Sounds like you had more of a problem with your transaction than I did! My seprates came NIB, factory sealed A stock.

Feedback about American_theater

Positive

Neutral

Negative

Calculated rating is 524

How this works
Each feedback adds a weighted rating.
Neutral rates +1 for experience.
Negatives rate -4 each
Positives rate +3 each.
Leave feedback for American_theater

American_theater's Feedback

Awesome seller! Professional, courteous, fast, and a great price to boot. Wireworld cables work better than even I ever hoped. More money for this stuff but if you have nice equipment, don't get cheap now and degrade it.
Positive by Buyer Esommer (3) on 10-18-06 re: Cables

Wonderful folks to do business with! Great service and communication from Cathy! Price was lowest anywhere, with fast shipping. I would not hesitate to buy from American Theater again. Highly recommended! Thank you!
Positive by Buyer William_yourshaw (6) on 10-16-06 re: Digital

Item received in perfect shape, excellent service and smooth fast transaction. Highly recommend. Thanks Kevin!
Positive by Buyer Dpac996 (60) on 10-02-06 re: Digital

These guys offer the very best prices, give very personal attention to your needs, don't try to sell you what you don't want, and are as fast in delivery as anyone I've dealt with before. American_theater gets an A+.
Positive by Buyer Jayjay300 (9) on 09-10-06 re: Miscellaneous

Great to do business with, fast courtesy service
Positive by Buyer Jazzhelp (126) on 09-02-06 re: Digital

Cathy is the best. She is straight forward and honest person to do business. I have no problems to deal with her again and again. Excellent Seller!! AAA+++ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Positive by Buyer Samssen (90) on 08-31-06 re: Amplifier

Purchased Sony 46" Bravia XBR2. Extremely FAST shipping. Well packed. Nice people to deal with - very responsive and helpful. Good price. Would buy from again A+++ seller!!
Positive by Buyer Dwackley (3) on 08-25-06 re: Home theater

I received a good price and the item arrived swiftly. I would definitely consider purchasing from them again.
Positive by Buyer Telackey (3) on 08-08-06 re: Digital

First class rating. I purchased a Marantz DV9600 SACD/DVD player and received it as American Theater said I would, on time and in excellent condition. The folks are very friendly, helpful and pricing is competitive. I recommend American Theater.
Positive by Buyer Paseocolon (3) on 08-06-06 re: Digital

Awesome seller! Got a GREAT deal with fast shipping on the NAD C162 pre- and C272 amp; a superb combo that brings out all kinds of new detail in my music. Cathy was the rep that helped me, so ask for her - I know she will treat you right!
Positive by Buyer Taoman96 (24) on 08-02-06 re: Amplifier

American Theater is state of the art!! Cathy and Kevin are truly class acts and deliver on their promise!! My SXRD arrived even earlier than promised and the white glove treatment was the best I have ever experienced!!!! Major asset to Audiogon!!
Positive by Buyer Porshaman (69) on 07-28-06 re: Home theater

Thanks! I will buy from them again. Good folks to deal with. A+++
Positive by Buyer Nicknapster (117) on 07-12-06 re: Digital

Great job. Excellent, respectable seller!
Positive by Buyer Sdatch (420) on 06-25-06 re: Digital

Exellent product at a great price. Good comunication. I will buy from them again for sure.
Positive by Buyer Luigy39 (3) on 06-25-06 re: Digital

Kevin is an honorable guy. Great transaction, great price. Definitely recommend him to the Agon community.
Positive by Buyer Pcs (177) on 06-21-06 re: Digital

Great product, great price, great service. What more can you ask for? Very happy to have purchased the CD player from American_theater. Will certainly come back for future purchase.
Positive by Buyer Yuanclo (12) on 06-20-06 re: Digital

Purchased an NAD C272 amp at a terrific price. Very responsive and e-mailed a price right away. I purchased the next day; they shipped the following day. I would definitely buy from them again. Exceptional service plus exceptional prices.
Positive by Buyer Harlan1309 (3) on 06-16-06 re: Amplifier

Just as advertised pefect new speakers!!
Positive by Buyer Appletree11 (3) on 06-10-06 re: Speaker

Amazing people to deal with, I got my Toshiba HD XA1 in two days! A small problem arose, and they fixed it immediately! Very impressed with their survice and price! Would gladly buy from again!
Positive by Buyer Kennyt (135) on 06-09-06 re: Home theater

Awesome. I went to pick up the speakers. Condition was as described. Strong quality, price, and personality. Great guy to deal with.
Positive by Buyer Yoosugi (6) on 06-03-06 re: Speaker

More reviews of the NAD

"Its a CD player" Positive by Al in Pittsburgh

"The darn thing plays my CDs" Positive by Lucky in Newark

"Its a mantlepiece" Positive by Moe in Springfield

"Led Zeppelin rocks" Positive by Robert Plant in Leads

"That guy with the new NAD player has nice carpet" Positive by Jack in Hong Kong