alternative designs- why go jubilee?

Horatio

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well like I've said before, I've had dipoles in this room, and even ran them up to 500Hz with amazingly good results. But because they were the H-frame design, I was getting a not-so desirable midrange out of them, as I would have expected anyway. I designed them as subwoofers, not fullrangers. However, with a very narrow baffle, this should be a non-issue, and the low end can be beefed up a little with my EQ.

And sorry for hi-jacking the thread. Although, the title does say "alternative designs", and this surely is an alternative design to say the least. [;)]

Shawn, thanks for your input!

Charles, you didn't hijack the thread. I don't know a damn thing about dipoles.

I reversed the question earlier "Why not go Jubilee". First three reasons not in my book for some may be cost, size, looks or doesn't go down to 20Hz.

Those don't hit me that hard as being a problem. Sure...there is some fascination that this was PWK's (and Roy's) final flagship as Dman stated in other words.

The bass horn does have a different sound to what I'm used to and what most are used to. Anyone who walk through my house and sees my audio stuff has little to no appreciation for what I have unless one of you guys come through it. Even If I were to play my stereo briefly, they get the most fascination out of the subwoofers when they are turned on. The more exaggerated the bass is from the subs, the more "wow" I get. The detail or imaging or clarity or live sound gets little to no attention.

So for the small audio enthusiasts who love horns.....what else is there that is still in production to fit this crowd.

Charles, you didn't hijack the thread. I don't know a damn thing about dipoles.

I reversed the question earlier "Why not go Jubilee". First three reasons not in my book for some may be cost, size, looks or doesn't go down to 20Hz.

Those don't hit me that hard as being a problem. Sure...there is some fascination that this was PWK's (and Roy's) final flagship as Dman stated in other words.

The bass horn does have a different sound to what I'm used to and what most are used to. Anyone who walk through my house and sees my audio stuff has little to no appreciation for what I have unless one of you guys come through it. Even If I were to play my stereo briefly, they get the most fascination out of the subwoofers when they are turned on. The more exaggerated the bass is from the subs, the more "wow" I get. The detail or imaging or clarity or live sound gets little to no attention.

So for the small audio enthusiasts who love horns.....what else is there that is still in production to fit this crowd.

Well I'de sure be interested walking through your house. But like you say, most people don't think or care about such things.

"I don't know a damn thing about dipoles."

Well how in the heck am I supposed to ask you for your advice if you don't know anything about them?!?! You better start reading up on them or something! LOL

jwcullison said: "So for the small audio enthusiasts who love horns.....what else is there that is still in production to fit this crowd."

Hey - Don't go there! They like the same horns as LARGE audio enthusiasts...but a few can fit just fine into some of the bigger horns being made today.