Here's a BEAUTIFUL old turntable for a very nice price!

Allan Songer

You can see a similar one, maybe the same one, in eBay's completed auctions. I think it went for $1775 or something like that.

Thanks Paul. That is the same one. Seller would sell it to US for $1900 shipped. The SPU Type A needs re-tipping though. Allan, any idea who re-tips and SPU and what that runs. Doesn't appear to be made for 120V easy switch but check out that massive platter.

post-15692-13819314022038_thumb.jpg

Scott,

If you send it to Garrott Brothers in Australia (through Audiodynamics) it will cost you about $450. Another place is Expert Stylus in UK. This place will charge you anywhere from $470 to $550, depending on its condition. There is also Van Den Hul but I do not know how much they charge.

Kudret

Scott,

If you send it to Garrott Brothers in Australia (through Audiodynamics) it will cost you about $450. Another place is Expert Stylus in UK. This place will charge you anywhere from $470 to $550, depending on its condition. There is also Van Den Hul but I do not know how much they charge.

Kudret

I would not go the Van den Hul route in this case.

• 3 years later...

Say, I have one of those. Actually since 1983. I never knew much about these. From my recent research online, it seems that these are rather rare, but well-remembered by those in the know. There ia fellow in Denmark who is selling Delphon & Ortofon items on ebay, & he says that these GS-5D's with that Ortofon 12" arm are very valuable. I wonder just how valuable? I'd hate to part with it, but it seems to be going up in price, rarity, and attention. Right now it's set up with a Shure M-91ED cartridge and a counterweight subbing for the spring balance.

Well. Anyway the M91E is what I have and it fits. Oh, Stanton's DJ cartridges fit as well. You see, somebody permanently modified the headshell, and to get the the stylus "on the money" with minimum tracking error, it's got to be backed 'way into that tiny headshell with the connectors folded over. "Solhaga" on ebay (in Denmark) has an original headshell/cartridge for only $1595.00! Expensive, and, I think, mono. Nothing else about this GS-5D has been permanently modified. Maybe I'll sell it, I don't know, until I get an idea of its true value. Right now, it's playing through a recently repaired (took forever) Sansui AU-6600 with two sets of KLH speakers.