Excellent Stereophile review of La Scalas!!!!

Colin

I would like to have read a review of the La Scala 2 with measurements stereophile is usually doing with other equipment.

For me a comparison La Scala versus La Scala 2 with measurement-plots to visualise the difference of these speakers would be very desirable.

Jack

I would like to have read a review of the La Scala 2 with measurements stereophile is usually doing with other equipment.

For me a comparison La Scala versus La Scala 2 with measurement-plots to visualise the difference of these speakers would be very desirable.

Jack

I think the article is good to keep the Heritage line alive...I do. I think it was too subjective.

Glad it's there.

As far as a LS vs LS2........maybe that should be something left for us "over the top" Klipsch Heritage fans to see on this forum. The drivers between the two versions varied slightly but the networks were quite different. Then there was the bass bin reinforcement of the LS2.

Maybe we could have an anechoic eval posted on the forum. I'm sure it was kept in a databank somewhere.

jc

Finished to read the article - very nice.

i couldn't stop laughing about Sam's wife's reaction to his anouncement that she will see La Scalas soon in their living room - "our living room? [:o] It will be your leaving room !!![:@]"

i'm so familiar with responce - we had to move to another home to find a place for La Scalas.

it's interesting to see Sam's reservations about speakers' detailing ability - my LS1 is one of the most detailed speakers that i've ever heard (A-type xover with Bob's new caps + JBL 2404 tweeters).

Gennady

I'm relatively new here at the forum, as compared to many of you. Since being around, I have sensed that there was a feeling that we Klipsch fans are excluded from some segments of the audio community. Speaking for myself, I don't really care because I know my speakers sound GREAT. To some extent this exclusion was most apparent in the lack of reviews of our speakers by the audio "experts" at Stereophile, TAS, etc. Now that Stereophile has done a review (or maybe a commentary) on the new LaScalas, I expected far more reaction from forum members.

Having read the article a couple times, I agree with some of the comments above. The article does wander a bit, and there are ups and downs. But it's a rare audio product, if any, that is perfect. Let's face it, all speakers have their plus and minus factors - even Klipsch - there's always some one who wants more of this or less of that. Despite some words that aren't positive, it seems to me that Tellig has given the ultimate endorsement that a reviewer can bestow by actually purchasing that which he was reviewing (and, for most of us, we're not talking about a 'pocket change' item). The fact that Had (and perhaps others) bought the LaScalas as well is icing on the cake. Now, how do we get some one to review the Khorns?

Congrats to all at Klipsch!!!

• 11 years later...
On 10/26/2006 at 3:33 AM, Audible Nectar said:

Regardless of how it is written, it is nice to see Klipsch getting some good pub on the Heritage. After years of being treated (undeservedly) like a readheaded stepchild by the audio press, I see this as welcome.

And did someone upthread mention Julian Hirsch? Mr. "all amplifiers sound the same" Julian? THAT GUY? He singlehandedly caused me to quit reading audio reviews, his late 80's Forte review notwithstanding. Hey, a stopped clock is right twice a day......

Julian was a Ham, like me, and I have talked to him on the air several times, before he died. I DO hear differences in Amps, and I asked Julian if he was deaf once.

He told me he DID hear differences in amps, but did not consider that any big deal, since he used his tone controls to compensate.

Funny, Floyd Toole pretty much told me the very same thing.

All food tastes the same(if you have a zinc deficiency), all women kiss the same(if you're a eunuch), VHS and Beta look the same(to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder), and all amplifiers sound the same(to the deaf old men at Stereo Review).
WHO?

Tell the deaf/dumb/blind kid to go play pinball.

Used to meet all those magazine guys at the CES show, but don't want to speak ill of the dead.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Well since it was bumped, read the review. Interesting history that have heard of from members here. As well as other documents.

Thanks!

billybob.  all you had to do...is ask me...but now your a proud owner

of a new to you la scala's..

Hook them up and annoy the neighbors....

• Like 2